Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:42 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:If you were Mike Holmgren - would you play him?

Of course I dont know half the pertinant facts that Holmgren knows, but from what I understand of the situation, I simply cant see where the benefit would be to start SA. SEA has a great opportunity to give their future RB a real start and see how he does without offending their current starter becuase he has a minor injury.

Its a win win situation for everyone for SA to sit. SA gets more time to heal, SEA gets a good look at Morris in real action.

I just cant imagine them playing SA - there is no reason to.

Here's the thing though Corn...Screw giving Maurcie Morris a start. Seattle's trying to win now. Why on Earth would they sabotage themselves by sitting Alexander just to feed Maurice some game time? They need to put themselves in a position to have homefield advantage. If they can win on the road against a conference opponent, then that's one step closer.

The Seattle window to win is now. They're taking nothing for granted...if SA can go..he'll play. I guarentee it.

My guess, Holmgren will call SA a gametime decision and you'll see him start.

the reasoning then is that even an injured or slightly injured SA is better than Morris? I thought Holmgren was pretty high on Morris. Aww - what is the feeling in SEA? Do people think Morris is nearly as good as SA or dont they?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:49 pm

I think Maurice is a very capable RB. I've seen him at U of O for countless games, and of course with the hawks.

I think of this was any other year, Seattle would just let SA rest a game and put Maurice in.

But this is a playoff football team. A team which is expected to do a lot of things this year. And sitting your star RB when he can play isn't one of them.

It has nothing to do with Maurice. It has everything to do with the franchise as a whole for this season.

BTW...KJR (seattle radio) just reported SA is practicing today and will play (didn't mention "start") vs. TB.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:51 pm

Personally I don't see much of a dropoff in Morris, I never really liked Alexander as an actual RB, and Morris healthy is better than him hurt. Add in the fact that Alexander could aggravate his injury, and Seattle is going to want to know what Morris can give them if they let Alexander go, and I think it would be a bad decision to start or even play Alexander.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby drsteuss » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:01 pm

This is football. It isn't a sissy sport. If Alexander can play, then he ought to. Screw resting him. One week won't make a whole lot of difference. If Ray Lewis wasn't 100%, would you say he should sit and save himself for the next week? Gimme a break. It's the regular season. Everyone plays hurt.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby unclepaulie » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:45 pm

How could you not like Alexander as a RB? He is a GREAT player and with only 16 games per regular season he should play this Sunday if he, the medical staff and the coaches think he's ready to help them WIN!

Mo Morris is unproven and does not=SA under any circumstances.
<-------UF commit Tim Tebow!
unclepaulie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:59 pm

Back to a key point awwchrist slipped in at the bottom of his post ... SA DID practice today, which was a key factor in whether he would play at all this week.

That said, there is no guarantee he'll start and, most likely, he'll end up sharing carries even in a best-case scenario.

My feeling is this shapes up as a trap game for Seattle, which is facing a Tampa Bay team that looked butt-ugly last week but which will probably pull out a low-scoring, grind-out type win. I'd sit Shaun if you have anyone else.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:03 pm

Man, what a beast. It's the only time he's gotten hurt in his NFL career, and he doesn't even miss a game. Alexander is solid, he's tough, and he should definitely start over Morris.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Birdman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:45 pm

I have until sunday to decide, so I'm gonna wait and see what info comes up. As of now, I have him starting.
Birdman Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby andus » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:55 pm

I have a feeling people are going to be kicking themselves for not starting him.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DaChiefs » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:59 pm

I have a feeling people are going to be kicking themselves for not starting him.

i have the complete opposite feeling.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk