Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing Sunday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seattle Times thinks Alexander is playing Sunday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:58 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Man, what a beast. It's the only time he's gotten hurt in his NFL career, and he doesn't even miss a game. Alexander is solid, he's tough, and he should definitely start over Morris.

I gotta agree with you. SA is an absolute workhorse, and I really don't see the justification for everyone saying he is not a good RB. I hear that a lot (for some reason though, only in the cafe), and I've watched games just to see if I was missing something...is there something so great about the O-line or play calls that make SA look better than he is? Nothing I've seen. Alexander is big, strong, and a hell of a lot faster than he should be for his size (he has roughly the same 40 time as MoMo...the kick returner), and durable as hell. If SA says he can go, I think Holmgren would be nuts to not start him. MoMo could be the future, but as some previous posts have mentioned, Seattle can't worry about the future right now. And as good as he might be, there is no freaking way he is as good as SA right now. As a possible Super Bowl contender (and with home field advantage such a big issue with them) they have to bring it every day. And Seahawks fan can tell you, this is exactly the kind of game the franchise has had a nasty history of losing. I don't care if they were playing at home against Arizona, you gotta put your best players on the field. This is no time to worry about next year.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hammerwx » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:17 pm

i did not think SA would play this week, but I guess he practiced...?
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PSU All Day » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:49 pm

He practiced and Holmgren said they will see how he does tomorrow and then it will be a game time decision.

I have Alexander, Suggs, Taylor and Griffon and need to start three of them. Tick tock.

Looks like I will be starting Alexander this weekend.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mr. G » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:51 pm

Has anyone ever had a bone bruise? It hurts like hell immediately but then gets better pretty quickly (OBVIOUSLY DEPENDING UPON THE SEVERITY) and this is the root of the argument. His injury may hurt but it won't be long-term even if it get s hit again. We all know players take pain killers and you know Shaun wants to play through this. I don't buy into the argument that they want to see their "future" back. Shaun is much better than Mo, that is why he is the starter. Come Sunday, he'll be in there and will play well - bottom line.

P.s. remember what happened to Ricky Watters when he was hurt for a game a few seasons ago???
Mr. G
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shader » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:34 pm

Mr. G wrote:
P.s. remember what happened to Ricky Watters when he was hurt for a game a few seasons ago???

The difference is that Alexander was better than Ricky Watters. Maurice Morris isn't better than Alexander.

Shaun Alexander is ready to claim his spot as the best running back in the NFL this year.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:38 pm

One thing to consider is that Holmgren is a self-proclaimed genius. He threw down the gauntlett by saying: no practice-no play. Alexander practiced and Holmgren looks like he is in control. Which he loves and so will likely reward Alexander by starting him and playing him a lot. All providing that he feels okay tomrrow after practicing today. IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk