Any reason not to pick Faulk at 14? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any reason not to pick Faulk at 14?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nero » Sat May 24, 2003 11:22 am

my bad on Moss

Depends which RB falls to you with your next pick...ditto WR...

If you find Moulds or Horn there I think you have to take them in that order...I would stay away from Price and pick Holt or Boston before either one of them.

Teams 1 and 2 pick 2 times each and I would suspect you'll see 4 of these 6 go ... Henry, Barber, Green, Dillon, Taylor, James...

I really don't see a WR going in those picks although your draft has been funny to this point so you never know. In your shoes I would definitely draft any of those RBs should they fall to you. By the time your next pick comes around I am pretty sure none of them will be there and I expect a serious RB run to happen starting now since the top spots normally occupied by them have been filled with the QBs and Ward.

Another reason I would go RB is to monopolize the situation...assuming you get a guy like Bledsoe or Brooks in the 6th you could always do a deal like Bledsoe and your 3rd RB for CPepp and Zereoue to improve your QB position and leave yourself with a nice backup.

I also think you'll have first shot at a defense with the 3rd pick in the 5th and you should snag the Bucs there...after taking the best WR available in the 4th.

Can you post your scoring system for me (us)?
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KeeperHelp » Sat May 24, 2003 12:19 pm

Thanks Nero...I will have a shot at at least two of the RB's you mentioned...so do you think I should wait to draft one of the WR's you mentioned until the 4th round then? Since there will be a big RB run in the 3rd and 4th?

I agree with ya about TB's DEF, but this league is so strange with some of the picks, I almost wouldn't be surprised to see it go sometime in the late 3rd, early 4th, but I'm crossing my fingers :-)

They're going with Yahoo default stats..I prefer more a balanced game with yardage (25 yds passing = 1pt, 10 yds rushing/rec'ving = 1pt), but the majority rules:

Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2 Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)

Statistical Categories (Kickers): Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)

Statistical Categories (Defense Teams): 0 Pts Allowed (10)
1-6 Pts Allowed (7)
7-13 Pts Allowed (4)
14-20 Pts Allowed (1)
21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
28-34 Pts Allowed (-1)
35+ Pts Allowed (-4)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
KeeperHelp

Friendliness: %

Postby joe_montana » Sat May 24, 2003 12:38 pm

Aside from your team I like team 8, and 6 the best. Usually because there are so many good RB's left I would say draft one and use him as trade bait, but with the way these people are drafting I'm not sure some of them get the value of a good RB. I don't know what you could get for one of the RB's you could draft with the next pick. If someone like Barber or Henry falls to you I would snatch him up, but if there is a nice WR still there (Moulds or Horn) it would be tough to not draft em. That would be a stellar team so far, but if you think you could get good value trading one of the mini-stud RB's you could get with the next pick I would take him. To bad you don't have a flex spot.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Nero » Sat May 24, 2003 1:10 pm

well don't reach in this draft...looks like a lot of the other owners will...if that's the case go with the best player available strategy...it will really open the trading lanes for you later on...

in terms of D...grab Carolina if you can't get TB...

instead of speculating, which is a very imprecise science...why don't you come back here and post every pick that happens in your draft and we can give you a fresh short term analysis...

you'll find that while we don't always agree here you'll get some seriously solid opinions
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sat May 24, 2003 1:26 pm

in terms of D they score high,,(potential),,,,now I know why MCnabb,,Vick and Culpepper were taken in the first round,,,,,,,,,,,they should post HUGE numbers in this league,,,
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Nero » Sat May 24, 2003 1:37 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:in terms of D they score high,,(potential),,,,now I know why MCnabb,,Vick and Culpepper were taken in the first round,,,,,,,,,,,they should post HUGE numbers in this league,,,

Not as much as you think...the point system in my league is 1 pt of 10yds QB rushing and 1 pt for 35 yards passing...

Warner 2 years ago outpointed guys by a landslide...

the ratio of QB rush:pass pts in this league 2.5:1 in my league it's 3.5:1 I think a good drop back guy will stay in range of those 3...and I don't think Vick is going to provide enough TDs through the air to compete with CPepp and McNabb
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sat May 24, 2003 1:50 pm

I am gonna have to agree with you Nero,,,,,,,suprised are you..........LOL.......anyhow just thought I'd mention I like leagues a helluva lot better when the scoring is balanced,,,I get sick of rbs going going going going...mixture is good,,,maybe even it creates more of a strategy then to just pick the best avail rb... ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Nero » Sat May 24, 2003 2:01 pm

Actually..by reigning in the QB scoring it makes RBs even MORE valuable and only increases the rationale for drafting a 3rd good one...and maybe even holding onto him..just in case of injury....

with only 8 teams...he'll definitely pick up 2 quality QBs
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Sat May 24, 2003 3:54 pm

Yes I would wait on qb and wr if another #1 rb is available. If not take the wr.

Friendliness: %

Postby VIPER » Sat May 24, 2003 3:56 pm

Ooooppps...forgot to sign in again.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk