3rd round in keeper league... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3rd round in keeper league...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nero » Mon May 26, 2003 11:23 am

I have to say that after thinking it over I agree with the previous post...nab TB next

then go WR...
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby the conundrum » Mon May 26, 2003 12:50 pm

With the snake order coming around there will only be 4 picks between your next 2 picks. Take TB to be sure you get them and one of the 3 WRs that Nero mentioned should be there for you on the come-around. Teams 1 and 2 still need RBs and you'll probably scare on of them into snagging Phili, too. I would bet money you'll be able to get 1 of those 3 WRs (I would order them Burress, Robinson, Boston simply because of Boston being on a new team and coming off of injury - he's a stud but why take the chance when Burress and Robinson are, too?).
the conundrum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joe_montana » Mon May 26, 2003 1:26 pm

Glad to see you registered. I really like the Edge pick. You are set, and if there is a flex position you will have one of the scariest starting 3 RB's ever. It seems likely that a good WR will fall to you in the next round. If they were all still there I would go with Burress. To have Ward go in the 1st (or was that 2nd?) round and then have Burress fall this far is great for you. Ward should have slightly better #'s, but I see Burres doing almost as well. If you can get him your top four would be amazing. Although he might continue to fall, as he is probably less well known by these guys than say...Tony G or the Tampa defense. Maybe take the Tampa D and see if Burress is still around when you pick again.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby StickaforkinRogers » Mon May 26, 2003 1:30 pm

I believe that Burress' numbers were a lot better with Maddox then Kordell. With his continued improvement and a full year with Maddox he could post top 5 WR numbers and would be a great #1 WR, especially considering he's your 4th or 5th pick. Good luck, I hope he falls to you.
StickaforkinRogers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Nero » Mon May 26, 2003 1:45 pm

that's a great observation

it's very true that Ward was at his best with Kordell behind center...I would say that the smart money goes to Burress having the better year in YDS and TDS although I suspect Ward will still have more REC
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mrmarley » Mon May 26, 2003 9:17 pm

Well, it looks like the hard decisions were taken away for me...Tony Gonzalez went with the pick before me...I wasn't planning on picking him, but was tempted :)

And it looks like we're actually going individual players for defense, and not the whole defense, doh!

so that left me with Plaxico Burress...good pt about Maddox and him hooking up well, hopefully that continues this season! I like Boston too, but we've seen what Plax can do when Maddox is in the game, and with Boston going to a new team...who knows, maybe he falls to me in the 7th, but I doubt it...other WR's on my wish list: Boston, KoRob, Stalleworth and Porter...I'm hoping I can get just one of them =)

I think it's time to go for a QB in the next round so I get first crack at:

Aaron Brooks or Jeff Garcia...who do you guys like more? I'm big on Brooks, but a lot of ppl are high on Garcia this yr.
mrmarley
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball
Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon May 26, 2003 9:26 pm

personally I like Brooks
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby the conundrum » Mon May 26, 2003 11:37 pm

What's up with all of the rules/lineup changes during draft? Man, it's hard enough to draft when everything is written in stone. :)

I like Garcia over Brooks - mainly due to Brooks surgery. They both have great WRs to toss it to and they can both run it in for a few, too. So for me it comes down to health.
the conundrum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Tue May 27, 2003 1:48 am

Brooks and Garcia, get Garcia !

Dont get me wrong brooks is great, however this year SF is focusing on playing their O to suit Garcias style of play. Its quoted somewhere, let me go find it.....

Here it is:

New coach Dennis Erickson plans to tailor the offense more for Garcia than in the past. In the traditional, so-called West Coast offense, plays are based on timing between receivers and quarterback, calling for a disciplined three- or five-step drop. But Garcia plays better when he is moving around, either in or out of the pocket, scrambling rather than dropping straight back. Erickson says he wants Garcia moving around more on designed plays and so is planning some of the offense to account for Garcia’s movement.

Last yr Garcia had his worst yr in 3 or 4 yrs YET he still put up more TD's, yds and LESS INTS than Brooks !

Case closed i'd say Holmes ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VIPER » Tue May 27, 2003 4:58 am

I also like Garcia but Brooks is not a bad alternative. Good job on the Burress pick.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk