The posting Antics that Piss You Off the Most... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The posting Antics that Piss You Off the Most...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The posting Antics that Piss You Off the Most...

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:51 pm

first of all, I don't understand why peeps always leave their initials at the end of a post as if I don't know it is them from their name and av right beside it... :-°

And you? }:-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:57 pm

well the wrong forums get really annoying. I mean really, could roster ratings be any more self explanatory? yet you have guys in the talk section "RATE MY ROSTER ILL RATE URZ!!!!111" oh and another thing, all caps! damn thats annoying. thats all i can think of for now
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:58 pm

Canadians...

I think Aww will agree with me on this. I don't like it when people post roster ratings or waiver wire questions in the FF Talk forum. I know, I have done my fair share of posting in the wrong forum, mostly between General Talk and the Video Game forum. But it clearly says:
Please do NOT post questions concerning trades, keepers or who to start - they have separate forums above.

How much more straight forward can you get? Then the perps jump on the people who tell them that and they try to make the other look like th bad guy. :-t
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby TTTBone » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:50 pm

wrong forum
"horrable" spelling
spam
newbie whiners
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:01 pm

I don't like the "I AM RIGHT>YOU ARE WRONG" posts.It's one thing to have a solid argument and make valid points but some of these guys just come off as boasting fools.

Noone hates "wrong forum" more than the mods and as Bone said...nobody likes a whiner. :,-(
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:07 pm

People who post in super tiny font - so that you have to hit the quote button just to see what they wrote - very annoying

made you look hehe

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:14 pm

i thought of another one. posters who are so biased that their judgement is more impaired than a drunks.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:23 pm

It's too bad the Seraph went down...we had an awesome "How to not piss off the mods" thread (started by VHawk :-) ). It didn't help stop the madness, but it was so fun writing it. :-D

Luckily here we don't have as many 8 - 10 year olds with no sense of grammatical literacy, so the spelling/caps/run-on sentence problems aren't as bad.

Misspelling the word definitely (just think of "finite") is the absolute worst.

Wrong forum is just exponentially increasing. I really don't remember it being this bad last year, but since I was a newb here I probably wasn't paying attention. I've drawn my line in the sand on that one.

Other than things already stated, I'd go with blatant annoying homerism posts that don't really help anyone determine if a player is good or not. I like to hear that a player is impressing members from a neutral point of view. More often than not the post turns into a "fighting words" war anyway.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:40 pm

Not sure if this counts, but sometimes an emoticon erases my whole post, and I really don't feel like typing it again if its long.

Other than that its pretty much the same as others...

Annoying "Newbs"

Wrong Forum people who get stubborn and overly defensive when someone tells them they posted in the wrong place.

All caps (god I hate this)

Failure to view things through a clear perspective

Profuse "bumping"

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:55 pm

Iron Chef, my posts have been deleted by that too sometimes, so I pretty much just summarize what I wrote b/c I'm too damn lazy.

Things that bother me:

1. Horrible grammar that you can't even make an assumption about what the person is trying to say or ask.

2. People that bump 10 minutes after their original post.

3. Homerism (Yes, you all know who I'm talking about)

4. People that can't spell T.J. Houshmandzadeh. :-b

5. Red Sox Fans :-P
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk