The posting Antics that Piss You Off the Most... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The posting Antics that Piss You Off the Most...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:16 pm

Did I also mention the double post?

Oh, and carnies...you know, circus folk.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:48 pm

MadScott wrote:Did I also mention the double post?

Oh, and carnies...you know, circus folk.

Double post is annoying, but some of that is due to the slowness of the servers. People think their post isn't going through, so they hit the submit button twice (or more) to see if it goes through again.

You have to resist the temptation! Here's what I do: if I see that it's just hanging, I immediately highlight all my text and do a "Ctrl-C." Then, I jump out to the forum to see if it posted or not. If it didn't, I just try the post again and do a "Ctrl-V" to paste in everything I wrote and then send it again! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:49 pm

MadScott wrote:
awwchrist wrote:I like to go in and answer threads that have no responses. Most have a t least 3 to 5...some slip through the cracks.
I'm glad you said that. I too go in there and look for the ones that may only have garnered 0-2 responses.

Heh, yeah, this is exactly the way I got 3,000 posts in less than three months last season. I still go into the Trade forum and answer a few every now and then, but not nearly as much.

And I'm not going to list the posting antics that irritate me because like Mercer mentioned, it would bring back too many bad (or funny, depending on how you look at it) Seraph memories.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:52 pm

Im am glad i came over here to see the rest of the site. I am learning alot. The Main Three Forums are starting to get annoying and tedious at times. So i wandered my way over here.

I am guilty of Grammer problems. Sorry can't help it. CAPS, sometimes to get a point across isn't bad yeah. But never the entire post. I double posted once same topic different TITLE, i was a little drunk that night. sorry.

I share alot almost 99% of the Pet peves(spelling?) you guys have.

My personal favorite is the IMO or IMHO. I know some of you guys do this. I used to do it also. NO OFFENSE. One day it clicked in my brain. Why do i type IMO. Ofcourse Its My Opinion! i typed it. I probably borrowed it from someone else but i do agree with it and thats why i am repeating it. Its just a bit redundant to me.

Once again no offense. Im not looking to roast anybody. Just a thought in my head. :-D

I have lots of friends! You just can't see them. :-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:03 am

well seeing that you brought this back I have thought of another. the good old " HOWZ DIS TEAM 0-3??" nobody cares that your team sucks. look at your players and you will most likely find the reason.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:23 am

portisfan24 wrote:well the wrong forums get really annoying. I mean really, could roster ratings be any more self explanatory? yet you have guys in the talk section "RATE MY ROSTER ILL RATE URZ!!!!111" oh and another thing, all caps! damn thats annoying. thats all i can think of for now

People with the internet lingo... LOL, ROFL, TTYL, OMG, IMO... etc. AND people who leave the extra "11" after their posts if they've added unnecessary "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". You obviously know what I'm talking about.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:24 am

You guys are a tough crowd.

I think that if you've developed pet peeves concerning an Internet message board you have too much time on your hands. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:26 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:well the wrong forums get really annoying. I mean really, could roster ratings be any more self explanatory? yet you have guys in the talk section "RATE MY ROSTER ILL RATE URZ!!!!111" oh and another thing, all caps! damn thats annoying. thats all i can think of for now

People with the internet lingo... LOL, ROFL, TTYL, OMG, IMO... etc. AND people who leave the extra "11" after their posts if they've added unnecessary "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". You obviously know what I'm talking about.

IMO for a guy who just joined yesterday, you're one of the most obnoxious people I've encountered on this site. LMAO. TTYL, Cowgirlsfan. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:29 am

Amazinz wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

IMO for a guy who just joined yesterday, you're one of the most obnoxious people I've encountered on this site. LMAO. TTYL, Cowgirlsfan. ;-D

:-t uncalled for, midgets fan... uncalled for.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:29 am

MadScott wrote:Oh, and carnies...you know, circus folk.

Small hands... smell like cabbage...

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk