Keeper League (Auction Style) read rules. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Keeper League (Auction Style) read rules.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League (Auction Style) read rules.

Postby MNFman01 » Mon May 26, 2003 2:34 pm

Here were the specs I was thinking of:

Number of Teams: 12
Roster Players on each Team: 20.
Starting Positions: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DL, DL, DL, DB, DB.
DL ofcourse is any defensive lineman or linebacker. DB is either a CB or S.

Cost of League: 7.00
Splitting up the winnings:
Regular season winner: 10.00
Super Bowl Champ: 20.00
Super Bowl loser: 10.00
3rd place in playoffs: 5.00

Contests:
Points in a week: 5.00
Points in a season: 5.00

BIDDING:
Each owner will bid by sending me their bids through email.
Salary Cap (for each team): 80 million
Maximum Allowable Bid for one player: 15 million
Minimum Allowable Bid for one player: 1 million
BIDS MUST BE A WHOLE NUMBER BETWEEN ONE AND FIFTEEN MILLION.

Unallowable Bids:
1. A bid that is more than 15 million for any player.
2. A bid that would put your team's salary over 75 million.
3. A bid for a player that is not active at that position.
4. A bid for a player that is not in that conference (NFC, AFC).
5. A bid that would not allow you to complete your 20 man roster under or at the Salary Cap of 80 million.

How to bid:
I, the Commissioner, will email all with what position and/or conference we will be bidding, and then each owner will have 48 hours to send in their bids, but will start recording the winners once all are in.

QB (NFC) - 3 bids
QB (AFC) - 3 bids
RB (NFC) - 3 bids
RB (AFC) - 3 bids
WR (NFC) - 3 bids
WR (AFC) - 3 bids
TE (both) - 3 bids
K (both) - 3 bids
DL (both) - 5 bids
DB (both) - 5 bids
leftover offensive players (both) - 5 bids
leftover defensive players (both) - 5 bids

Bidding will start Sunday, June 1st. I need one to two more people to join before then to fill the league.

If any owner sends in more than those requirements, I will only look at the top 3 or 5 depending on what the bid allowed for.

Each Position per Conference has a MAXIMUM number of bids one can do.
When sending in bids, please do the following: (Rank them by how much you want them, not by amount of money you are bidding).

QB(NFC)
1. Harry Jones - 8 million
2. Doug Thompson - 13 million
3. Charles Long - 2 million

TIEBREAKERS FOR ALL BIDS:
1. Winner of a bid is defined as the one who bids the highest for any given player.
If there is a tie, rules will be as follows:
1. First tiebreaker: Ranking on your list. (If one has the player ranked 1 and the other has the same player ranked 2, the person with him ranked 1 wins the player.)

2. If both have the player ranked the same, they then will use the TIEBREAKER PRIORITY LIST. It kind of works like a waiver wire, but just for the auction. Before the auction, I will randomize all teams into a Tiebreaker Priority List, from 1 to 12, where one has the highest priority and 12 has the lowest.
Any time a team is involved in this step, the person that won the bid will move to the bottom of the field, and everyone moves up one taking that persons spot.
Similarily, if the person in the 1 spot has this happen, they move down to 12, and the person that was 2 becomes one, so on and so forth.

Knowing where you are on the list may effect how you bid, as if you are lower, you might try to bid higher over everyone else knowing that you wouldnt win the tiebreaker. Similarily, if you are higher, you might not try and bid as much as you normally would, knowing that if it came to this, you would win the tiebreaker.

LAST RULE: For each bidding, each team can only win ONE player, but if they happen to win another player, it falls solely on that owner, as they have the first option to sign that player as well.
If they don't take the option, that player falls to the next highest bidder.

So, say I my QB (NFC) looked like this:

1. Cade McNown - 15 million.
2. Jim Miller - 15 million.
3. John Elway - 15 million.

Let's say for this that no one else bid 15 on any of those players, one would assume that the owner would get all three. However, what happens is the player wins the highest ranked one on his list automatically (McNown for 15 million). They would then have 1st option on both jim miller and john elway for 15 million a piece. Because, obviously signing all 3 would take up 45 of the 75 million for the team.

SIGNING PLAYERS TO CONTRACTS:
After all aspects of the bidding are done, each owner must fill out the lengths of each players contracts.
Each team has 18 players. So,
every team needs to have:
8 players signed to a one year contract.
6 players signed to a two year contract.
6 players signed to a three year contract.

Extentions cannot be signed in the last year of the contract.
They become free agents at the end of their contract, and will be eligible for the Free Agents Draft at beginning of the following season.

In-Season Free Agent Pickups:
Teams can pick up Free Agents during the season as long as they do not go over the Salary Cap.
However, you still keep the contract of the player you dropped in order to pick up the free agent until either: someone picks him up during the season, or their contract is up.

So, theoretically teams can have more than 18 on their salaried roster, just not on their active roster.

Players signed off of waivers will be signed for the same contract and salary that the previous owner had the player signed for.

However, signing free agents can only be signed for 1 million, and only for the current season.

Before each season (except the first) there will be a free agent draft and rookie draft. The free agent draft will be an auction(salary and #of years to the contract offer). Rookie draft will go from last place finisher to first place finisher and will be ONE round. If teams are already at 20 roster players, they will lose their pick.

I know it seems like a lot, but I think it makes pretty simple sense. If I seemed to miss something or you need clarification, let me know man. Thanks,
Ryan.

Email me at mailto:mossmagoo@hotmail.com if you are interested. Thanks.
MNFman01

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Classifieds