Week 2 - K. Stewart or S. Matthews? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 2 - K. Stewart or S. Matthews?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 2 - K. Stewart or S. Matthews?

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:33 pm

This is my first year doing fantasy football. There seems to be so much to know and so many judgement calls! I inhereted the last place team in a 3 player keeper league which left me with slim-pickin's at the QB position. I picked up S. Matthews on a lark because I believe in the Spurrier offence. He put up such great numbers last week and Stewart was not as strong. Do I take a chance for Week 2 and play Matthews against the Eagles or should I stick with Stewart against the Raiders?

Thanks.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:08 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say stick with Stewart for atleast one more week.Just to make sure that Mathews can consistently put up big numbers in Spurrior's offense.
n_tremain23

Postby terpfan » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:11 pm

under normall circumstances id say use matthews as ur starter (he will surprise alot of people this year) but he is facing on of the best secondaries in the league againt pitt so id take my chances with kordell this week.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Skiggs » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:15 pm

id say go with matthews, i think the Raider D is gonna stick it to Pitt and i think matthews is gonna go off again this weekend, under the spotlight of Monday night football spurrier wants to show hes the real deal and that means airing the ball out and going big
Skiggs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kashikis » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:31 pm

id say stick with stewart as well fo rone more week because if matthews can produce against the eagles defense then he will supplant kordell as your starter but this is his test week along with spurriers so id hold off but if he does well this week put him in
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk