Yahoo Inconviences and Problems - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Yahoo Inconviences and Problems

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Inconviences and Problems

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:32 am

We are currently performing server maintenance. Please try again shortly...
Sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Yahoo! Sports

Is anyone else getting this when trying to access your league?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:35 am

Yeah, I did about an hour ago...I tried about half an hour later, and it was fixed. Maybe it's down again? Oh well, those folks have to do what they have to do. They probably figure that no normal person will be up at this hour of the day on Saturday worrying about their fantasy team. ;-7
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:38 am

They're prefrorming server maintenance. I think they do it like 2-3 times a month to keep things moving fast. I want to know, what are you doing worrying about fantasy football on Saturday morning?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:41 am

I got the same mesage, not a good thing since I haven't set my lineup in my Baseball league yet, hopefully they'll have it open before the Arizona vs. St. Louis game, I need to get Carpenter in there. Anyways as long as it's done in time to set my lineup and it keeps yahoo going it's fine with me :-°
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:43 am

Saturday morning and Satuday late night is usually when I get my fantasy fix.

Plus don't you think its strange that you ask flockers when you are talking about football in an online forum yourself? :-)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:49 am

IRON CHEF wrote:Saturday morning and Satuday late night is usually when I get my fantasy fix.

Plus don't you think its strange that you ask flockers when you are talking about football in an online forum yourself? :-)

This in the General Talk forum...
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby MeShawn » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:04 am

It was down around 8 AM, then it started working again. And now its back down again.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:17 am

Flockers,
Wow! I didn't know there was a time that FFB players DIDN'T worry about about it. If there was news that a starter somewhere went down and a backup would be thrust into a good situation (ala Foster or MM), I'd want to be able to get to my teams. I'm in a league with no WW. If I don't check it a few times every day, I'm going to miss out on a drop who might be able to help me. If the weather news looks particularly crappy this morning for TN or AZ, I might want to swap out K's or WR's. Maybe somebody tossed me a trade offer overnight that I can take action on and affect my roster before tomorrow or Monday. Or perhaps there's a ridiculous offer out there that I want to comment on before some near-sighted commish jumps the approval gun.

I'm also in more baseball leagues than I will admit here. The first of those games starts in a couple of hours, and I need to be able to alter line-ups based on my H2H standings late in the week.

Don't know about you Flockers, but I've pretty much given up doing anything other than worrying about fantasy teams. Maybe I need to get out and reclaim some semblance of a 'normal' life.......naaaahhhhhh
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:22 am

Flockers wrote:I want to know, what are you doing worrying about fantasy football on Saturday morning?

Maybe you're not as dedicated to your teams as some people are...possibly not in any $ leagues.Personally,I tweak my line-ups almost daily.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:55 am

Well sorry!

Jeez, I didn't know I would be pictured as some kind of a nut-job if I didn't worry about fantasy football 24/7.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Return to General Talk