Alexander update. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alexander update.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:51 pm

Not a safe start. I'd probably look to one of your backups, providing they are decent.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:30 pm

I'm strongly considering benching SA and starting Griffin, which wouldn't be much of a problem if Griffin wasn't at Jax. I hate these situations
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:36 pm

FFPlayinMoFo wrote:I'm strongly considering benching SA and starting Griffin, which wouldn't be much of a problem if Griffin wasn't at Jax. I hate these situations

I'd love to have your problem. I don't have a viable backup, since I waited too long to pick up OSmith (I would have, but he and SA have the say bye week, so it didn't make sense at the time). I've got Tyrone freaking Wheatley and Charlie freaking Garner. I'm to the point I might just plug a WR into the flex spot (one of my fantasy cardinal sins). To make matters worse, my other RB is Chris Brown, who's not exactly Cal Ripken Jr. at this point either, and I have to leave for the airport at 7 in the morning to travel basically all day, so I'll have no way to update after very early in the morning. Sorry, I'm done crying now.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Teck » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:36 pm

I'm just waiting till the mourning.. or avoiding starting him..
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Urrah Buttcrack » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:51 pm

I don't think he will start.
- Urrah Buttcrack
Urrah Buttcrack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballboy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:51 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:Holmgren said that if he doesn't start, he won't play at all.

So its looking like either split carries or no carries for SA.

My thinking is Alexander will posibly play a series (to keep his streak of 44 straight starts alive) but most likely will not play at all. If you were coach Holgrem would you risk your star and leader on one game or would you be cautious, wait a week to be sure he's fully healed and okay, and start a capible backup runner that's been practicing all week with the first team? We are in a very shallow runningback league that starts 3 RB's and as painful as it is, I will be sitting Alexander for Mike Alstott on Sunday. Do I want to do this? Hell no! But my final decision is a sure thing, healthy, and mediocre Alstott is better then a not hardly sure thing, not fully healthy, probably not playing superstar Alexander.
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:01 pm

Shaun Alexander is a game-time decision in a 4 PM game. I can't wait until then. I have no choice but to start Griffin
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:22 pm

Smizzy wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:Holmgren said that if he doesn't start, he won't play at all.

This is how you get the defense to prepare schemes vs both backs...very smart.

Exactly. Why tip your hand?

If Alexander doesn't play and is able to, then my assumptions of this team have been way off the whole year.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:52 pm

footballboy wrote:

My thinking is Alexander will posibly play a series (to keep his streak of 44 straight starts alive) but most likely will not play at all. If you were coach Holgrem would you risk your star and leader on one game or would you be cautious, wait a week to be sure he's fully healed and okay, and start a capible backup runner that's been practicing all week with the first team? We are in a very shallow runningback league that starts 3 RB's and as painful as it is, I will be sitting Alexander for Mike Alstott on Sunday. Do I want to do this? Hell no! But my final decision is a sure thing, healthy, and mediocre Alstott is better then a not hardly sure thing, not fully healthy, probably not playing superstar Alexander.

I would much rather start Alexander with only a chance that he will play instead of Alstott. What's worse, starting Alexander and getting a zero, where you may get 10 points from Alstott on your bench. OR starting Alstott and getting 10 while Alexander sits with 25 points on your bench.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Birdman » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:55 pm

I've been pretty optimistic about SA, but you guys are showing me the light. Less points with a lesser back is better than no points with benched back. I'm still gonna see what develops tomorrow morn.
Birdman Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk