Teaser - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Teaser

Moderator: Football Moderators

Teaser

Postby citti34 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:43 pm

I'm starting to use teasers
Right now I'm betting on the Denver game and the Pats game in a 6 point teaser (2 team bet). Denver goes from -3 to +3, wow, and the Pats go from -8 to -2

3 Team 10 point Football and 7 Point Basketball Teasers Odds are 10/12 --Ties Lose Teasers:

A Teaser is a selection of two or more teams in one wager in which the point spread is adjusted in your favor. The number of teams selected and the number of points selected determines the payout odds. A "Tie" or "No Action" and a "Win" on a two team teaser shall constitute a "No Action" wager. A "Tie" or a "No Action" and a "Loss" on a two team teaser shall constitute a "Losing" wager. Ties on a three or more team teaser shall revert to the next lowest betting bracket. (Example: A tie on a three team becomes a two team teaser.)

An example of a teaser wagers is as follows. For our example, let us say you wish to choose three football teams: Denver -7, New York -3 and Chicago +15. The payout of the wager is dependant upon how many points you wish to receive. Let us choose a 3 team 7 point teaser. If we look at the chart below, this wager is listed as 12/10, which means we will win $12 for every $10 that we wager. The point spreads are adjusted as follows

Denver -7 plus the adjusted seven points = Even
New York -3 plus the adjusted seven points = +4
Chicago +15 plus the adjusted seven points = +22
Therefore, if each and every one of the three teams wins against the adjusted spread, you win $12 for every $10 you wager.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:17 pm

12/10 for a three teamer? Teasers or no that's a horrible payout. What's the payout for the 2 teamer?
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby citti34 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:27 pm

bet 29.51/26.83
Don't ask me why I bet 29.51, it was what I had left in the account.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tman570 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:28 pm

Teasers and parlays = suckers bet. Its hard to resit them (I got sucked into a parlay last wek) but you are better of betting straight up.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby citti34 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:32 pm

Yeah, having to have 2 teams win is pretty bad, but their so tempting. I wanted to bet on the Pats game, but not at -8, and -2 is just awesome.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:39 pm

Well, as far as teases go, you definitely increased your odds with those ones (I especially like turning a FG favorite into a FG dog), but I don't think I could stomach less than 1/1 odds on a two teamer...just me though. I avoid teasers/ties win/anything that decreases odds like the plague, but I hope it works for you. And I do agree with the picks, BTW.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby citti34 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:06 pm

TY, what games are you betting on?
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:20 pm

I got UTEP +29.5 at home vs. Boise St. tonight, and I'll go St. Louis on the moneyline (pays 1.15 to 1, no spread) and maybe Seattle -3 vs. TB, depending on how the UTEP game goes tonight. I usually don't like betting on my teams, but that Seattle spread looks enticing. It would be nice to know a little more on Alexander's situation though. I usually bet heavier on college, but nothing jumped out at me much this week, other than UTEP, of course. I also liked Auburn -1.5 at home vs. LSU, but woulda lost that one by a half point (ouch) and Marshall +17.5 at Georgia (Georgia won by 10).
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:38 pm

hawksfan896 wrote:I got UTEP +29.5 at home vs. Boise St. tonight, and I'll go St. Louis on the moneyline (pays 1.15 to 1, no spread) and maybe Seattle -3 vs. TB, depending on how the UTEP game goes tonight. I usually don't like betting on my teams, but that Seattle spread looks enticing. It would be nice to know a little more on Alexander's situation though. I usually bet heavier on college, but nothing jumped out at me much this week, other than UTEP, of course. I also liked Auburn -1.5 at home vs. LSU, but woulda lost that one by a half point (ouch) and Marshall +17.5 at Georgia (Georgia won by 10).

UTEPs up 7-0 in the 1st. ;-D
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby citti34 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:50 pm

I don't watch enough college to bet on it, but people tell me it's the best sport to bet on. I was thinking of takign the Mich St +3 Vs. ND.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk