Teaser - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Teaser

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:59 pm

I liked that one too, but ND is ahead right now. I thought beating Michigan last week was kind of flukey, but they're giving the Spartans all they can handle...they're starting to look like the ND team from 2 years ago, which is scary. Utah is an incredibly hot team too, they've won me money the first two weeks, but I wasn't sure about taking them -19.5 against Utah St. Utah's up 30-0 in the second quarter. I guess I'll have to go back to 'em next week.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby citti34 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:01 pm

Did you pick the UTEP game because the spread was so high (not really knowing too much about UTEP) or did you just think it was a good bet because you know the team, and know they wouldn't lose by 29?
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby citti34 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:02 pm

I thought ND was a fluke to but damn, their not messing around.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:27 pm

Honestly, I got the idea for betting UTEP the best way I know how: I listened to people who know more than me. The sportstalk radio stations here in Vegas cover betting primarily, and they had a local expert who I really respect, and he was all about UTEP. His main points were A) Boise St. is a great team, but a lot of their success comes from home field advantage B) They're coming off their biggest game of the year, beating Oregon State, the only BCS conference team they play, so they could be due for a letdown game C) They have a young and unproven team who got a lot of big breaks last week. I'm an Oregon State fan, so I watched the BS/OSU game very closely and agreed with the expert in all areas. I don't know much about UTEP, but at home with that big of a spread? I'll take it. The expert's other two picks, which I didn't agree with, are correct at the moment too, by the way (Rice +1.5 at home vs. Hawaii and Texas A&M over Clemson). The experts rely almost exclusively on college and do an insane amount of research, and they are right about 70% of the time. I'm not too proud to give credit where credit is due, these guys have made me a lot of money over the years. BTW UTEPs up 10-3 with 10 mins to go in the first half.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby citti34 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:27 pm

Looks like my bets were pretty good. I took the Mia game under 41 points to, that's a gimmie
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk