NFL Notes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Notes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Notes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue May 27, 2003 11:07 pm

NFL Notes from FoxSports.

The 49ers are leaning toward releasing WR J.J. Stokes next week. Some think RB Garrison Hearst might be a casualty, considering Kevan Barlow is going to be the starter this season.

The Rams are trying to get Torry Holt signed and have offered a contract comparable to Ike Bruce's, but still no movement from the player. Holt would be a top free agent next year if he doesn't get hurt.

The Minnesota Vikings officially junked the Randy Ratio approach to their offense this off-season. It ended up putting too much pressure on both Randy Moss and QB Daunte Culpepper, and now they can perform without placing a number on how many passes should be thrown toward Moss. I mean Moss is still going to be a huge part of Minnesota's offense, but now it isn't a weekly story.

Some of the Chicago coaches are still wondering why Bears executive Michael McCaskey was in their draft room both days last month after a three-year absence.

Anything is possible in Kansas City, but it is still 50-50 that coach Dick Vermeil is entering his final season.

The owners are leaning toward not fining the Lions for hiring Steve Mariucci without interviewing any minority candidates. Mooch is such a respected coach within ownership that most of them would have done exactly what Detroit did. Hire him at any cost.

There won't be any HBO Hard Knocks this summer and that coach smiling in the corner is new Cowboys boss Bill Parcells. No way the Cowboys were going to do an encore on the summertime series.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VIPER » Tue May 27, 2003 11:14 pm

I thought it wasn't a done deal with the rb situation in SF. I even thought Hearst had a slight edge right now.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Slingblade » Wed May 28, 2003 1:01 am

barlow will start...great power...great hands...great back...future stud
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Wed May 28, 2003 8:01 am

Viper, somewhere towards the end of last season Barlow got thr nod for the number 1 job. Though if I were at SF I wouldnt let Hearst go, i'd do whatever I could to keep both those backs.

From a fantasy stand point I hope they let him go, maybe no more committee there.

The viks doing away with the randy ratio is GOOD news for tyhem !

Bad luck for the chiefs if they lose vermeil.

Good find GP
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby 9er Fan » Wed May 28, 2003 11:20 am

I think Barlow should/will start, but I still haven't seen anything from SF that says he's the starter yet.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Sandwich » Wed May 28, 2003 11:31 am

I think barlow is going to be a nice little 3rd round pick up for me.

I also heard that Moss is working hard in the off season. He is doing an 8 week program at a strength and speed camp. So far he has put on 5 lbs of muscle and is not playing basketball like the last two off seasons. COULD THIS BE A SIGN OF MATURITY?

:-o
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk