IF the Price is right... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IF the Price is right...

Moderator: Football Moderators

IF the Price is right...

Postby Homeless » Wed May 28, 2003 8:46 am

Fanball wrote:The Falcons’ new high-profile wide receiver, Peerless Price, expects to improve on last year’s numbers after getting used to his new quarterback Mike Vick. “It’s a little different,” Price said on the Falcons team web site. “You’ve got to get used to it. I’ve never played with a left-handed quarterback, so the spin is a little different on the ball…I just want to have better statistics than I did last year. Last year I had 94 catches; this year I’m shooting for 100. Last year I had around 1,250 yards, this year I’m shooting for around 1,400 this year. Last year I had nine touchdowns and I want to have double digits this year; I don’t want to set a specific goal, I just want to have double digits.” Price also commented that he’s happy with his new team and its rigorous off-season conditioning program—which is known to be one of the most demanding in the league.

We hope Price’s hard work off the field translates into big numbers on the field in 2003. Moreover, we think we speak for all fantasy players when we say we'd love to see him reach the receiving goals he outlined. Vick will give Peerless his opportunity for double-digit touchdowns; Price just needs to prove he’s a legitimate number-one wideout.

Gonna be good to watch Vick to Price this year. ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed May 28, 2003 9:00 am

I had Price last year and I really liked the production I got out of him. I wish the best for him and for the fantasy owners but I'm not sure he'll out do himself.

Last year he had Moulds taking all or most of the double teams. This year he's the guy going to be double teamed.

Last year he had Bledsoe throwing to him. Bledsoe is a pure bred pocket passer. Strong arm and accurate.
This year he has Vick. Vick does have a cannon for an arm, but needs to work on honing his skills to become more accurate.

I think his #s will be down personally but only time will tell.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Wed May 28, 2003 9:19 am

Price may have his sights set on loft goals but I cant see him reaching them. He was free to roam the field in Buffalo now he is going to see all the attention from opposeing Ds.

He is going to get bumped so much he is going to think he is in a pinball game!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Slingblade » Wed May 28, 2003 1:01 pm

yep, price is gonna see how the real world is....he will be lucky to 1000yds and 7tds
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hayesb26 » Wed May 28, 2003 8:50 pm

yup i agree with all of you guys
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VIPER » Wed May 28, 2003 8:58 pm

Ditto on all the above!!
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slowkidz » Thu May 29, 2003 8:56 am

everyone needs a goal....or was it everyone needs a hobby?

ah well...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Football Talk