Madden Vs. NCAA Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Vs. NCAA Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Vs. NCAA Football

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:44 pm

What are some pros and cons of each? Which has a better Dynasty mode? Thanks.

Do the commentaters on NCAA say the players real names that you recruit? Not the players that are in school, but the fake ones they make up. Thanks.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:18 am

In NCAA the commentators will say the names of the players that are created by the game. If you happen to have a x-port and d/l the roster updates from http://www.ps2rosters.com they will say ALOT of the real names of players. For example I know that they say Zwick for Ohio State and some other names that you would have never guessed would be in the game. As far as NCAA v Madden I would say much of it is personal preference. I have both and would say that the game play is much more realistic in Madden. The AI is much better in Madden also. I found that in NCAA even on Hiesman I can tear the computer D apart. Also, I like to control the FS when I am on D and I have found that in NCAA it is much easier to react to the ball in the air which allows you to get alot more INTs w/o the risk of giving up the big play. In Madden if you want to get a INT you will either have to do a great job covering or jump the route which is much more difficult and more to my liking. The Franchise mode in Madden is also more my flavor then Dynasty in NCAA. I use the draft classes from NCAA which has the real names for players entering the NFL for the next few years and just find that to be more fun then recruiting some fictional made up players.

Overall my nod would go to Madden but all things considered they are both very good games and nearly equal. Really it comes down to personal preference and what kind of realism you like.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Video Games