Bledsoe and Moulds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe and Moulds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bledsoe and Moulds

Postby VIPER » Wed May 28, 2003 10:14 pm

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (May 28, 2003) -- On his first day back on the field this spring, Drew Bledsoe didn't take long to connect with Eric Moulds, his favorite receiver.

As soon as the Buffalo Bills players finished stretching in opening their first full-team minicamp session, Bledsoe picked up a ball and began throwing to Moulds.

"No coincidence," Bledsoe said.

As potent as the duo was last season -- Bledsoe finished second in the league with 4,359 yards passing, and Moulds finished third with 1,287 yards receiving -- much more is being asked of them this year.

The Bills are preparing for the new season without No. 2 receiver Peerless Price, who was traded to Atlanta. Fullback Larry Centers and tight end Jay Riemersma were both released.

Josh Reed, coming off a promising rookie season, and newly acquired Bobby Shaw will compete for Price's spot.

"Eric's a guy that we expect to carry a heavy load as he has a lot of years here," Bledsoe said. "But with Peerless gone, I think he's going to have to carry a little bit more of the load."

I hope Moulds "goes off" this season!! ;-D ;-) He should put up numbers similar to last year and who knows without Peerless being there he might get more!! :-]
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Wed May 28, 2003 10:28 pm

Viper...

You gotta think worst case scenario is they turn him into more of a possession receiver until Bledsoe forms a better link with either Shaw or Reed.

In which case, Moulds' yards per catch drops, but he probably still goes 100-1250-8. If there is a clear cut #2 WR by the end of the preseason, I'd add 10 catches, 300 yards, and 4 TD. But maybe this is best kept for the "predictions" postings...
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby VIPER » Wed May 28, 2003 10:36 pm

Poobah, I like your thinking!! I would totally be satisfied with those kind of stats. Preferebly the extra 300 and 4 td's of course. :-B
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby the conundrum » Wed May 28, 2003 10:49 pm

Not only does Moulds rock, he's a hell of a mentor. A player as smart as Reed will quickly fill the void with a teacher like him. Shaw is underrated, too, so it should only take a big play or two from the supporting cast before opposing defenses are forced to deal with them and Moulds is relatively free to do his thing.
the conundrum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Thu May 29, 2003 2:05 am

I have my fingers crossed for Reed, if he works out then both he and Moulds will have decent numbers this yr. Its Reed I want to hear about Bledsoe throwing too...I know he can find Moulds. :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Nero » Thu May 29, 2003 7:35 am

Moulds' YPC will come down but 12 TDs is where he'll make up for it
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hayesb26 » Thu May 29, 2003 7:37 am

ya agreed with nero.. :-B
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CVhawk » Thu May 29, 2003 9:39 am

As a SEC follower(Florida Gator Fan)I am very familiar with Reed.While at LSU he started as a freshman and was their best WR.He is a very gifted an underrated player.He reminds me alot of Cris Carter.All he does is get open and catch the ball.He may not have blazing speed but I feel he will be an excellent compliment to Moulds.So you can go ahead and give Moulds that extra 300 yards and 4TDs.
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Roseman » Thu May 29, 2003 9:43 am

Moulds will still post great #s you have to remember he was putting up great #'s before Price and Bledsoe even got to Buffalo.

He just got better with the two of them there he is still a top tier WR
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby 9er Fan » Thu May 29, 2003 12:06 pm

There's no doubt in my mind Moulds will have a great year. He was on my team last year, and I watched several Bills games. Moulds is a flat-out stud. Bledsoe though will not put up the same numbers with a better D and Price gone.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk