vick 100 yds on the ground...almost 200 in the air - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

vick 100 yds on the ground...almost 200 in the air

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tree_Sloths » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:30 am

I hope you Vick owners have a good backup. Unless, of course, you're in my league.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Reills » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:34 pm

Vick-Haters--they'll see Vick4MVP!!!!!

next year they'll all be takin' him in round 1, and everyone will shutTFUP about having a backup, i hope they have their backups for culpepper
D.D. Flanks
Sandbox
Beers4Life
QB:Vick,Big Ben, Brees, Ramsey
RB:F.Taylor,Barber,Goings, Duckett, J.Jones, Betts
WR:Mason,D. Jackson, Lelie, Evans
K-Tynes
TE-Wiggy
D:Reed, P.Kerney, Azumah
Reills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FlcnFan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:17 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Vick still is no Culpepper or Manning. While both those QBs have Pro Bowl shoe-in QBs, Vick needs to be able to PASS at their level to be considered for the best QB, let alone the MVP.

How many years did they play before anyone really considered them elite. I remember people talking s*** about culpepper just last year. Nobody will touch Vick this year he gets better every game and this is with a totally new system and coaching staff. Vick will throw for 3000 yds and rush for 1000 and will get an unanimous MVP vote
"I'm trying to be positive. I'm a big fan of the Nobel Peace Prize."

Ron Artest-Indiana Pacers Forward
FlcnFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FlcnFan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:17 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Vick still is no Culpepper or Manning. While both those QBs have Pro Bowl shoe-in QBs, Vick needs to be able to PASS at their level to be considered for the best QB, let alone the MVP.

How many years did they play before anyone really considered them elite. I remember people talking s*** about culpepper just last year. Nobody will touch Vick this year he gets better every game and this is with a totally new system and coaching staff. Vick will throw for 3000 yds and rush for 1000 and will get an unanimous MVP vote

FlcnFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FlcnFan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:18 pm

FlcnFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:20 pm

dude, one post was enough.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tree_Sloths » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:44 pm

Reills wrote:Vick-Haters--they'll see Vick4MVP!!!!!

next year they'll all be takin' him in round 1, and everyone will shutTFUP about having a backup, i hope they have their backups for culpepper

Any QB in the 1st round is a wasted pick. I'm perfectly happy picking Brooks in the 9th.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:56 am

Vick is most definitely a stud, and while I do not consider him to be the best QB in the league, I don't see how anyone could doubt that he is the MVP... Look at Atlanta without Vick, and look at them with Vick... Without Vick they are a total scrub team with little chance of beating anyone, with Vick they are a force to be reckoned with... Without a doubt he is the "Most Valuable Player" to his team...

Indy could probably function decently without Manning, and Frerotte proved last year that Minnesota can roll fine without Daunte... I think Tennessee is pretty good without McNair, too... However, Mike Vick IS the Atlanta Falcons....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Monty » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:00 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Vick is most definitely a stud, and while I do not consider him to be the best QB in the league, I don't see how anyone could doubt that he is the MVP... Look at Atlanta without Vick, and look at them with Vick... Without Vick they are a total scrub team with little chance of beating anyone, with Vick they are a force to be reckoned with... Without a doubt he is the "Most Valuable Player" to his team...

Indy could probably function decently without Manning, and Frerotte proved last year that Minnesota can roll fine without Daunte... I think Tennessee is pretty good without McNair, too... However, Mike Vick IS the Atlanta Falcons....

That is a very good point... but i can only hope he stays healthy enough to produce those big numbers he's capable of
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:27 pm

vick cannot do what he did this week consistently. if he does its just a matter of time until his leg get broke or next time he flips 5 feet in the air..break his neck. i guess you could call me a vick hater purely because im tired of hearing was he COULD do. when he does it...and more often than once every few weeks maybe i will believe in him. he is fun to watch tho ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting