Who to Franchise - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who to Franchise

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to Franchise

Postby RayRay » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:37 pm

Hey Guys I am in a keeper league, and I have 3 guys worth franchising, but I am having a little trouble wondering who to let go back into the pool. You See I have Moss, C. Martin, and E. James. I know Edge is coming off of a brutal injury, but he seems to be back to him normal self, but I dont know if it is worth the gamble or not. Let me know what some or you think, I would like as much feedback as possible, Thanx, Right now I am leaning toward Moss and Martin.
RayRay

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby GandhisLessons » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:22 pm

Ray Ray I would keep Moss and Edge. Although Edge does have some injury concerns I still think that he is going to score more td's than Martin this year. The Jets know that Martin isn't gonna hold up to the workload that he's had since he came into the NFL. I look for the Jets future back L. Jordan to vulture carries and goal line td's away from Martin this year. And Edge is still young he may not be his old dominating self this year but gauranteed he will in the next 5 years. So if I was you I would keep Edge and Moss and possibly look at Jordan as a late round pick. He will duplicate if not surpass Martins productivity if Martin goes down, he is that explosive. Or if you really want to keep Martin get rid of Moss and go into the season with two stud rb's. The wr pool is very deep this year with some potential to pick some 10 td performers late. I know all the hype about getting Moss the ball morethis year but without C.C. I wouldn't be suprised to see Moss triple teamed all year! Not to mention it looks like their offensive line is gonna be below average again which will put added pressure on Culpepper to release the ball. Don't get me wrong Moss should have no problem duplicating last years totals and maybe a little more but if your league places heavy value on rb's dump him. OK I'll shut up now. Good luck.
GandhisLessons

Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:47 pm

I'd hold on to Martin and Moss, Martin still is a workhorse and Moss is a top wideout. James is a risk and games are a lot different from training camps, even Terrell Davis couldn't overcome that injury...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KnightsFB » Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:29 pm

I'm with cwebb on this one...James is too much of a risk to keep, while Moss and Martin are perennial fantasy studs, you can't go wrong keeping them. I'd venture to guess that you could probably pick up James pretty easily with your first draft pick if you really want him back on your team, as I'm sure that many team owners will let him slide a ways, as there's not many RB's that have come off of the type of injury he had, and been able to resume their pre-injury production....I think I'd try to pick up a QB with that first pick, then find James with my next one. Even at 75 percent health, Edge is probably better than 75 percent of RB's in the league. Even if he's not there, I'm sure you could probably pick up another RB at that point that could probably serve you as well as James would.
KnightsFB
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Football Talk