Return to Football Talk

sell c-mart now!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:43 am

i cant believe you would even consider going for that horrible trade..... :-t
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rohbshop » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:15 am

you guys are idiots. As long as he has Pennington, the Jets are going to score alot, good run defense or not. You'd be stupid to trade Martin now, especially since most of the big names arent producing and are looking worse than Martin is week to week.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:58 am

rohbshop wrote:you guys are idiots. As long as he has Pennington, the Jets are going to score alot, good run defense or not. You'd be stupid to trade Martin now, especially since most of the big names arent producing and are looking worse than Martin is week to week.

name calling isnt necessary rohbshop.

I agree with you about Cmart, I think he was way underranked to begin with - I thought he would be one of the best #3 RBs you can get before the season - and that was a pretty high assesment of him considering where others had him ranked. Turns out he could be one of the elite #2s you can have and might even be a true #1 RB this yr. I wouldnt consider moving him right now unless I got a cherry offer for him that I couldnt resfuse. I certainly wouldnt settle for a trade trying to unload him at this high point.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:59 am

rohbshop wrote:you guys are idiots. As long as he has Pennington, the Jets are going to score alot, good run defense or not. You'd be stupid to trade Martin now, especially since most of the big names arent producing and are looking worse than Martin is week to week.

Martin is older than Priest Holmes by 7 months and 6 days. He's younger than Marshall Faulk by 2 months and 3 days.

Smarten up! Martin is for real. He's been for real. He finally has an offense around him. Trade him for Lamar Gordon if you'd like (I've got Gordon is one league -- I wish I could get that deal), but you WILL be sorry.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

$1 Martin

Postby Power_Backs » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:40 pm

I picked up Martin for a buck in our aution draft! They all laughed! Who's laughing now??? been offered several trades after week 1 for him but none worth anything..think I hang on a little while longer!!!!
Power_Backs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby whataboutdafins » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:53 pm

I have a tough time believing this guy is for real. Maybe it is because I had him on my bench all last year......right where he belonged....he did nothing. It will take several more weeks to convince me of anything different....I would be on the trading block as well.
Marino for President!!
whataboutdafins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kswiss » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:01 pm

So does this mean that Martin is a must play over a RB like Rudi Johnson from week to week from now on. Since I have A. Green, R. Johnson, CMart and T. Jones. Would it safe to ship out Johnson and a WR for a lesser RB and a better WR?
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:05 pm

kswiss wrote:So does this mean that Martin is a must play over a RB like Rudi Johnson from week to week from now on. Since I have A. Green, R. Johnson, CMart and T. Jones. Would it safe to ship out Johnson and a WR for a lesser RB and a better WR?

Id love to have those 4 RBs - nice.

To answer your question, if you feel it would be better to move one, than yes, Id deal Rudi. He has a much higher starting price tag that I think would allow you to get something better in return than CMart and TJones would.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chronatog7 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:16 pm

C-Mart is a Keeper!

That's it!
chronatog7
Water Boy
Water Boy