sell c-mart now! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

sell c-mart now!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rohbshop » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm

just look at C-Marts numbers last year with Pennington and without, you'll notice better numbers. He didnt do too bad yardage wise last year either, just didnt score the TD's but that has alot to do with not having Pennington and Pennington gettting acclimated again after being hurt for awhile.

Anyhow the bottomline is hes clearly their main back on a conservative offense, and the Jets are going to score alot more this year than they did last year. They'll be one of the top offenses in the league imo, unless Pennington gets hurt again.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rohbshop » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:24 pm

just look at C-Marts numbers last year with Pennington and without, you'll notice better numbers. He didnt do too bad yardage wise last year either, just didnt score the TD's but that has alot to do with not having Pennington and Pennington gettting acclimated again after being hurt for awhile.

Anyhow the bottomline is hes clearly their main back on a conservative offense, and the Jets are going to score alot more this year than they did last year. They'll be one of the top offenses in the league imo, unless Pennington gets hurt again.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:03 pm

I agree that Martin will have a tough time keeping up the pace he's set through the first two weeks, but that doesn't mean you need to cut sail on the guy. If you're going to trade him at this point, you better be getting an incredible deal that you can't pass up. Right now, I'm not sure I would accept anything less than a
Harrison/Holt for the guy considering all the RB injuries going around.

Granted, Martin's played two easy defenses in his first two outings, and he's gottten a TON of work already, but these factors do not take away from Martin's inherent value. Even against the best defenses, with 20+ carries, Martin can easily average 80 yards and a touchdown every other game.

Cmart is being utilized in the redzone this year, for the first time in several years. It is not out of the possibilty for him to score upwards of 12+ touchdowns this year the way the Jet's offense has been rolling behind Pennington. His yardage numbers are pretty consistently good every season, the only knock on Martin in the past has been his inability to find paydirt.

Lamont Jordan who?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:21 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:Sell him high for L Gordon :-D

That's looking like a very bad idea!!
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:17 pm

chronatog7 wrote:C-Mart is a Keeper!

That's it!

I would only sell him if you can get a top 3 maybe a top 5 WR or another RB that is in the top 8 or a top 5 QB nothing else. If any of the older backs was to keep up the current pace it is definitely C-Mart. I wouldn't sell him unless you can get a lot. That is the point of selling high
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:20 pm

chinch sacs wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:he might not stay as hot, but im betting he will contuniue to put up solid numbers this year.

Yeah? Ya think??? ;-7

In the last 2 games, C-Mart has touched the ball 70 TIMES!

For craps sake, hes 31 years old, this guy is going down by week 7, bank on it.

As a Martin owner, I am going to be selling this week, but the best offer I have on the table is:

My: C. Mart and Wayne

for

His: D. Jax and Leftwich (we start 2 QBs and I need a back-up)

Is this for real????? I wish you were in my league I would give you some hot deals!!!! Would you like Gordon for C-mart? Maybe you would be intrested in Moe Williams for McNabb??? ;-)
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:19 pm

Superman in Training wrote:I would only sell him if you can get a top 3 maybe a top 5 WR or another RB that is in the top 8 or a top 5 QB nothing else. If any of the older backs was to keep up the current pace it is definitely C-Mart. I wouldn't sell him unless you can get a lot. That is the point of selling high

There's not a QB in the game as valuable in fantasy football as C-Mart right now. Not even Manning or C-Pep.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:28 pm

hey im not complainin i traded rickey williams for him the day rickey retired and the owner didnt know he retired for like the next week lmao im mean
"No I Will Not Make Out With You" --Billy Madison

Rico The Retard
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk