Tech Help. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tech Help.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tech Help.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:31 pm

OK,you know how when you click a link it will turn a different color to let you know you have visited that thread already,well my PC is no longer doing this.It started today.All the threads that I looked at yesterday are a different color but the ones I was in today are not.It's like the computer stopped recording my history.It's not just this website either,it's all the ones that I have visited today as well.

Did some of my settings get changed or what?Any help is appreciated.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:59 pm

Hmm, did you clear your history in your IE (or whatever internet program you use), or possibly your temporary internet files? I don't really think that would cause it though.

All I know is that in HTML when you code links, you can give the link a color for something that hasn't been clicked and a different color for something that has been clicked. I can't assume that all the sites you go to just ditched that code! So, it probably is something internal to your machine.

Actually, I found something on a quick Google search. In a response to someone asking a similar question to yours, someone said that the person's internet history cache could have been too big! If you haven't ever cleared it out, you probably should! If you use IE, go to Tools->Internet Options, then under "Temporary Internet Files" click "Delete Files." These are just things that the computer stores to make loading time faster. It may take a long while for the task to complete if you've never done it before, so be patient.

Hope that helps! :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:48 am

I clean out my temp files daily so that isn't the problem. :-?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk