Whats up with P. Price???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats up with P. Price????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats up with P. Price????

Postby Cas2800 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:28 am

He hasnt dont much of anything the past 2 weeks!!!
Cas2800
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaChiefs » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:29 am

ya im worried too. vick seems to be moving the ball all over the place. I thought the coaching staff told price to expect 1200 yds. what a joke. Glad i started stallworth over him this week.
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 am

When was Price evr good as a #1 WR? Never.

Price's strength is running precise routes so that a pocket passing accurate QB could deliver the ball. Vick is not a pocket passing accurate QB. He would do better wit a WR that could freelance a bit more as Vick scrambles around the pocket.

I dumped him for Foster Friday. Trade him if you can, but he has minimal value IMO. Nothing has 'happened' to him though. He just isn't in a good situation.

Vick got his usual 160 ish yards passing and 1 passing TD again today. Same as last week, and same as he gets damn near every week. Not a good combo to rely on.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:35 am

dgroundhog wrote:When was Price evr good as a #1 WR? Never.

Price's strength is running precise routes so that a pocket passing accurate QB could deliver the ball. Vick is not a pocket passing accurate QB. He would do better wit a WR that could freelance a bit more as Vick scrambles around the pocket.

I dumped him for Foster Friday. Trade him if you can, but he has minimal value IMO. Nothing has 'happened' to him though. He just isn't in a good situation.

Vick got his usual 160 ish yards passing and 1 passing TD again today. Same as last week, and same as he gets damn near every week. Not a good combo to rely on.

Absolutely correct. Price had one good year as a #2 receiver when Bledsoe was still a good QB. He and Moulds both reached 1000 yards, and it looked like they would be a force for years to come. However, Price found a chance to be a #1 WR, and it just isn't working. I just can't see Vick ever becoming a guy who will throw for 300 yards like any of the pocket passers. He may be looking downfield, but he'll still take the running lane if it's open.

I hope he matures as he gets a little older, but for right now, I just don't see Price being anything but a #3 or bye-week filler for fantasy. There just aren't enough passing yards to go around for him to be a consistent fanasty scorer.

Dare I say it, but Price = Burress of the year before? :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:44 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Dare I say it, but Price = Burress of the year before? :-?

I think you could have ended that sentence at "Burress". I don't see either being productive this year. Although Big Ben gives Burress at least a fighting chance.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby noyz » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:37 am

I kepted Price on my squad all of last year. I would trade him now while you still can.
P. Rivers
J. Delhome

R. Bush
E. Grahm
M. Turner
M. Forte
R. Rice
K. Jones

T. Owens
R. Wayne
S. Smith

T. Gonzalez

Def. Matchup

Kicker not signed yet...

12 team league
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby klgreen1973 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:11 pm

Price is not a #1 WR. He needs someone opposite himself to be productive (does the name Eric Moulds ring a bell???). As long as ATL does not have a good #2, Price will continue to stuggle.
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chopper » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:34 pm

klgreen1973 wrote:Price is not a #1 WR. He needs someone opposite himself to be productive (does the name Eric Moulds ring a bell???). As long as ATL does not have a good #2, Price will continue to stuggle.

I've been hearing variations on this same comment since last August. Anybody else think it sounds a little too simplistic? While having Moulds opposite would certainly take some of the defensive backfield attention off Price, I find it hard to believe that this explains his lack of production the last 18 games. Does this mean that if he were to line up with Moulds in Buffalo next week, he'd be a stud?
I haven't watched any Atlanta games, so I don't have another explanation, but I'm having trouble understanding why Price with Moulds is golden, but any in any other situation, he's garbage. Certainly there are lots of successful #1 WR's out there who were previously successful as the second or third option.
I tend to think that there must be other issues; perhaps imprecise routes, or less conditioning, or drive, or inability to 'connect' with Vick (and Doug Johnson), etc. I don't know....just seems like there's got to be a better (or more thorough) explanation.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby rohbshop » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:46 pm

Price is pathetically average as a receiver. Watching him play last year and them trying to use him as a goto receiver wasnt working because he cant make the spectacular catch or even great catch. He cant make catches with 2 men on him, outrun them, or outjump them. Vick was out most of last year and they had a pocket passer trying to throw to Price, and cornerbacks were always all over him. He was almost always never open. He needs the perfect throw and maybe a screw up by the cornerbacks and safeties to get off, and going against the #1 cornerbacks for msot teams really hurts him. Atlanta screwed up giving him all that money to be a #1 when hes a #2 and VERY overrated as a WR.
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk