Easy on Mac9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Easy on Mac9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Easy on Mac9

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:36 am

I here alot of talk on the radio and TV about where is the big time air game from last year ??????????? Please everyone just remember that right now they have Mason and Bennett @ WR then a bunch of scrubs behind the two. Calico will be back this week to open things up downfield for Mac, plus it will take a safety with him downfield and it will make for money over the middle for Mas, Bennett, Kinney, Troupe. Calico is super important to this OFF and Mac9 and The Titans will both start to get alot better this week against Jville.
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby elway7 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:52 am

Calico is coming off double knee surgery and could take a couple more weeks to really get into game shape. I think he will be a good red zone threat because of his size but I dont see him beating anyone deep just yet.
elway7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:53 am

elway7 wrote:Calico is coming off double knee surgery and could take a couple more weeks to really get into game shape. I think he will be a good red zone threat because of his size but I dont see him beating anyone deep just yet.

Just had one knee scoped, the other was just a sprain. He's fine ...
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:00 am

Maybe the addition of a true running game is cutting into his numbers, King Titan. :-b

I think this probably has more of an impact on McNair's numbers than the loss of their 3rd and 4th WRs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:13 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Maybe the addition of a true running game is cutting into his numbers, King Titan. :-b

I think this probably has more of an impact on McNair's numbers than the loss of their 3rd and 4th WRs.

King who?? No Heimerdinger still wants to put it up down the field because he has found out last year when Mac was healthy how lethal he can be. There is noone there to stretch the field until Calico comes back this week. He is very important to this OFF. With Calico Mac is a Top 4 Fantasy QB .
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:17 am

Steve_Mac9 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Maybe the addition of a true running game is cutting into his numbers, King Titan. :-b

King who?? No Heimerdinger still wants to put it up down the field because he has found out last year when Mac was healthy how lethal he can be. There is noone there to stretch the field until Calico comes back this week. He is very important to this OFF. With Calico Mac is a Top 4 Fantasy QB .

Right, remember until last year noone had any idea how valuable Steve McNair was.

Not even his coaches.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:20 am

Here come the excuses....

McNair still had a good game. Top 4 qb? Please.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:26 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Here come the excuses....

McNair still had a good game. Top 4 qb? Please.

No excuses his 2002 season and especially last season in basically 13 games speak for itself. Don't hate ...
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:31 am

I am not 'hating'

What I am saying is that I don't see how I would rank him ahead of Manning, Culpepper, Hasselback, McNabb, and Vick when healthy. Cases can be made for Pennington as well after his start.

Don't let the fact that he is clearly on your favorite team cloud your judgement. He is a very good QB, just not top 4 in my opinion.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:49 am

How does McNair become Mac9? I don't understand this nic.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk