NFL and Pink Skirts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL and Pink Skirts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Steve_Mac9 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:37 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
awwchrist wrote:I agree with you completely.

And there was no severity what so ever to the "illegal use of hands...hands to the head of the QB" ...so why give the offensive team 15 yards and a first down?

Those types of penalties are supposed to deter defensive players from taking cheap shots..but there has to be a way to protect an entire team from losing a ball game over the scenario I'm arguing.

You can't have a professional football game won or lost because of crap like this.

I agree that it sucks when these penalties affect the outcome of a game. It sucks more when a game is decided because the most important player on a team is out because of a cheap shot.

What does stink, and I agree with you, is that these penalties are not always called consistently. AJ Feely took a wicked shot to the head yesterday a full 3 count after he got rid of the ball and there was no call (maybe the ref did not consider him a QB :-b ). But, the NFL refs are way better than umps in baseball and refs in hockey. They get it right most of the time and these bad calls stand out so much because they usually get it right.

Yeah but Feeley got 15 on Justin Smith after a pick because Smith leveled him which I thought was perfectly legal.
Steve_Mac9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rollsroyce » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:23 pm

If they can have 5 or 15 yard face mask violations, why not 5 or 15 yards when there is a "blow" to the quarterback's head. A lot of time it is a hard shot or helmet to the head, but other times it is more like touch football than a shot to the head. If they want to call some of those accidental light brushes to the quarterback's head, why not have a five yarder that doesn't result in an automatic first down?
QB (1) Brees, McNabb
RB (3) Westbrook, T Jones, LenDale White, R Rice, F Jones, Booker
WR (3) Wayne, Housh, S Holmes, Bowe, S Moss
RB and WR - 1 pt per rcpt, 1 pt per 5 rush att, 1 point per 10 yards rush or receiv
1 pt per 10 return yards.
6 pts per TD
rollsroyce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk