julius jones broken shoulder blade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

julius jones broken shoulder blade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:37 am

Whew. I just traded O. Smith and J. Jones for T. Henry last week. Apparently sometimes I DO get lucky in fantasy football. That, or I just jinxed the hell out of Henry. :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:50 am

Gunslinger wrote:Whew. I just traded O. Smith and J. Jones for T. Henry last week. Apparently sometimes I DO get lucky in fantasy football. That, or I just jinxed the hell out of Henry. :)

I don't need that...he's my #2 in my "more important" league. :-[

Well, at least you got a RB that should start for at least another 2 months or so. I should have known this would happen, but I'm getting scared that McGahee will be inserted in the lineup more and more as we go deeper into the season. Basically I'm hoping you have another #2 option...I am probably going to try to trade Henry at some point.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:55 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Whew. I just traded O. Smith and J. Jones for T. Henry last week. Apparently sometimes I DO get lucky in fantasy football. That, or I just jinxed the hell out of Henry. :)

I don't need that...he's my #2 in my "more important" league. :-[

Well, at least you got a RB that should start for at least another 2 months or so. I should have known this would happen, but I'm getting scared that McGahee will be inserted in the lineup more and more as we go deeper into the season. Basically I'm hoping you have another #2 option...I am probably going to try to trade Henry at some point.

Henry is my #3 RB. I have LT and Portis, too (keeper league). I actually just put out an offer to trade Henry back to the owner I got him from for McAllister. I also have Gordon and just picked up K. Carter so I figure if I can stick it out for 6 weeks or so I would be stacked in the second half of the season.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Duff Man » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:34 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Arggh, do you drop him in a 12 team keeper with 5 keepers? My other RBs are Taylor, Dillon, Gordon, and Bettis ( :-P ). He won't play and I already have Steve Smith. I have no room to keep both, really. So would Reshard Lee be a good pickup? Moe Williams is sitting out there and he should play soon. But Im pretty much dead this week due to Dillon bye and Gordon suckage. I have never had an injury year like this. Smith, Deuce, Edge, Jones. Ridiculous.

WoW, I'm in the EXACT same boat. JJ and Steve Smith were my first and second round picks in a 12 man league w/ 5 keepers. Plus, I also have to deal with Edge missing this week (but at least have Rhodes).

I put in waiver claims for Blaylock and Lee, best I could do. Got an offer to trade JJ for C-Garner but will probably pass even though it's unclear whether I can count on JJ being keeper worthy next year (i.e., the named starter before our mid-August keepr deadline)
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:49 pm

I just nabbed Lee, and I need help with Deuce going down. How long can Parcells watch Eddie George plod around? It is almost painful to watch. Give Lee a chance.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk