Jerry Porter - Can he step up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerry Porter - Can he step up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jerry Porter - Can he step up?

Postby Shaner » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:44 pm

I was counting on him having a big year, but so far he's been mediocre at best. Do you think he'll pick it up soon and stop getting outshined by random receivers on the Oakland roster, or should we continue to expect 4 catches and 40 yards every week? Is he just playing against tight coverage, or is Gannon not looking his way?
Shaner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevster1 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:59 pm

I believe he will snap out of it. I don't have him, but I would hold steady. The next four game's will be the Buc's, Texans, Colts, and Broncos. Decent matchups in which points will need to be scored to have a chance of winning. I have watched alot of the Raider games in the last two weeks, and in addition to the catches he has had a few pass inteference calls go against the defensive back's covering him. I wish we could get credit for the yard's, however I think that indicates Porter is getting open more then is indicated. ;-D
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:12 pm

kevster1 wrote:I believe he will snap out of it. I don't have him, but I would hold steady. The next four game's will be the Buc's, Texans, Colts, and Broncos. Decent matchups in which points will need to be scored to have a chance of winning. I have watched alot of the Raider games in the last two weeks, and in addition to the catches he has had a few pass inteference calls go against the defensive back's covering him. I wish we could get credit for the yard's, however I think that indicates Porter is getting open more then is indicated. ;-D

Thanks for the insight!

I'm going to use my 3 game rule on WRs. If they suck for 3 weeks in a row, they sit the bench. In general, WRs who suck for 3 weeks usually do not do much the rest of the year. I found this out by looking at stats from last year.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shaner » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:52 pm

Thanks for the info kevster. I haven't watched any of his games, so I wasn't sure if he was just slacking off or if his production was low for other reasons.

And I like that 3 week rule Paladyr. I think I'll try it out.
Shaner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fantasizing » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:41 pm

I don't think he's even the number 1 reciever on the team. Looks like Gannon likes the rookies instead. Still waiting for the breakout game from Porter, but all the hype and promise has not translated into actual performance...yet.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk