Holmes doubtful in week 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Holmes doubtful in week 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joatmon » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:35 am

MeShawn wrote:If Priest is out, I would have to start Aaron Stecker :-P

You think that's bad? CMart on a bye, Holmes hurt, I have to start Steven Jackson. Ugh!
joatmon
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bwzabodyn » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:44 am

I have the luxury of having a pretty good stable of RB's - but with Barlow ailing somewhat also and Chris Brown having a tough match-up, this isn't fun... I'm seriously looking at trying to move Priest right now for equal value - something along the lines of:

Priest and C. Johnson

for

Ahman and A. Johnson

is that giving up too much? I'm really not too strong at WR, but whenever Bennett comes back, I'm going to move him for a good #2...
Formerly bzabodyn (over 1000 posts) - but I was deactivated!!! Poop on you!!!
bwzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dloke » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:37 pm

I think you are giving up way too much there. Chad has underperformed so far, don't jump the gun on him yet. Is there a lesser WR you could try to move?

That being said, can you look at this? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84838
dloke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PatsFan007 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:54 pm

This is from the offical KC website:

Q&A with Dick Vermeil
Sep 23, 2004, 2:03:02 PM

Q: Are you optimistic about Priest Holmes at all playing on Sunday?

VERMEIL: “No, we’re preparing to play without him. I think that’s our best approach. Personally I wouldn’t want to play him if he wasn’t really ready. I wouldn’t want to injure it further to the point where he misses more ballgames. It’s not that we don’t need him, but I think we owe it to him to make sure he’s really right before we just stick him in there.”

Q: How is your game plan and philosophy going to change with him not in the lineup?

VERMEIL: “Not at all. We never change it when we put Derrick in the ball game anyway, nor will we change it if Larry goes in. We prepare our offense and those guys work on everything, all through practice sessions prior to anybody getting hurt. Priest always gets more reps, but Derrick Blaylock especially is an experienced player and a very smart football player. Larry is very smart; he just doesn’t have any reps.”
PatsFan007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DaChiefs » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:03 pm

would u drop rhodes for blaylock?
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby blackops » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:16 pm

KC pullin some funny business

Sep 23 ESPN's Andrea Kramer talked to Chiefs running back Priest Holmes on Thursday, and she reported that Holmes has every intention of playing on Sunday. Kramer said that Holmes did not practice or do much on Thursday, but he told her that if he can walk, he could play on Sunday. Holmes is listed as questionable with a sore ankle.

Views: Kramer's report conflicts with head coach Dick Vermeil's post-practice quotes. Vermeil is not optimistic about Priest playing, while Holmes seems determined to take the field. When it comes down to it, the coach usually has the final say about who is active or inactive. Vermeil needs to name his inactive list by 11:30 pm EST on Sunday morning, and we likely won't know if Holmes will play until that time. The Chiefs are preparing to use Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson if Holmes is out.

I got LJ and dropped Blaylock to the WW to block other teams(im dirty, but thats football), but it was probably for nothing. Look for a Shaun Alexander-esque type performance from last week.
blackops
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gryphons » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:27 pm

Yeah, I don't like this at all, and somethings fishy here. He's obfuscating out his arse here.

I could see all of us with Holmes not starting him, then on gameday, he makes a gametime decision and starts him. Or, he keeps on talking about Blaylock, then faintly refers to Johnson. I think he's probably playing headgames with the opposing coach, but its sure not doing any of us anygood. :-[
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Rockingout » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:27 pm

DaChiefs wrote:would u drop rhodes for blaylock?

depends, if edge plays then drop him for blaylock, but if holmes plays and edge does not then yes, then neither rhodes or blaylock will start if holmes and edge start. see where I am going with this. It all depends, it will start to shape up as we close in on sunday.
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Rockingout » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:29 pm

Gryphons wrote:Yeah, I don't like this at all, and somethings fishy here. He's obfuscating out his arse here.

I could see all of us with Holmes not starting him, then on gameday, he makes a gametime decision and starts him. Or, he keeps on talking about Blaylock, then faintly refers to Johnson. I think he's probably playing headgames with the opposing coach, but its sure not doing any of us anygood. :-[

this is exactly what he is doing. but I do have a strong feeling that holmes will not start. just a hunch
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:28 pm

Call me crazy, but after having Faulk for a few years...This reminds me of a he is questionable, he isn't going to play, then bam....100 yds rushing and 3 tds...

I hope I am right....I am toast this week if he isn't playing.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk