Holmes doubtful in week 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Holmes doubtful in week 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gryphons » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:49 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Call me crazy, but after having Faulk for a few years...This reminds me of a he is questionable, he isn't going to play, then bam....100 yds rushing and 3 tds...

I hope I am right....I am toast this week if he isn't playing.

Thats exactly what I'm saying, and I also had Faulk those years and know exactly what you are saying. I'd be totally convinced he wasn't going to play, bench him, then BAM, he would start, kick a** and I would lose a game that his stats would have made a difference in. :-[
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shader » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:08 am

bwzabodyn wrote:I have the luxury of having a pretty good stable of RB's - but with Barlow ailing somewhat also and Chris Brown having a tough match-up, this isn't fun... I'm seriously looking at trying to move Priest right now for equal value - something along the lines of:

Priest and C. Johnson

for

Ahman and A. Johnson

is that giving up too much? I'm really not too strong at WR, but whenever Bennett comes back, I'm going to move him for a good #2...

I'd do this trade in a second if I were you. Honestly the Johnsons won't differ much in ppg and Ahman is solidly ahead of Priest in any sane person's rb rankings right now.

Ahman Green and LT are the two best ff rb's this year. Priest won't even be close. JMO
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Poseiden » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:05 am

I have been following this closely as well. I hope Holmes plays. Of course I have been hoping F. Taylor would do something also. Guess we will see this weekend.
QB: Favre, Hasselbeck
RB: F. Taylor,W. McGahee, D. Blaylock, N. Goings, J. Jones
WR: H. Ward, I. Bruce, D. Mason, Roy Williams, L. Coles
TE: J. Wiggins
Poseiden
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jm » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:20 am

Does any one remember the situation last year with Priest. I do not remember the specifics, but he had that rib injury and was listed as questionable the whole week (I think). I don't even think he practiced. But come Sunday he was in the line-up. If I remember correctly he had a good game too. This whole ankle situation seems identical to the rib injury last year.

I really think he is a warrior and his team needs a win, therefore he is going to play Sunday. I'm not just saying this because he is on my team, it just seems that that is the type of player he is. Aside from the fact that my RBs are depleted.

I am going to take a chance and start him Sunday.
jm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Osk » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:36 am

i doubt he plays.. i highly doubt they will throw him in early and risk him hurting himself further..

luckily, i drafted like 6 rbs in my league with priest, so i'll start c.brown/k.jones and hope priest doesn't play/have a monster game.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:52 am

adding to my post above, those seem to be the same Vermiel mind games as he used to play. Hopefully -- HOPEFULLY -- that is the case here. He used to do that with the Rams, get teams thinking Faulk wouldn't play, get them overconfident, then have Faulk go nuts.

I have a gut feeling it's the same thing here. I sure hope I am right.

Of course, this is assuming he isn't hurting TOO bad...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:16 am

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be glued to Sunday Countdown on ESPN waiting for the official word :-o
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Good news

Postby oskin100 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:27 pm

Sep 24 Holmes' sprained left ankle continues to improve, and he was able to do some individual running drills at the Chiefs' practice on Thursday. According to head coach Dick Vermeil, the team is preparing to play without the running back and said he thought Holmes was "questionable to doubtful". However, Holmes later said he has every intention of being on the field on Sunday.

Advice: Officially, Holmes is listed as questionable on the Chiefs' injury report. A final decision likely will not come until just before kickoff on Sunday. If Holmes is unable to play, Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson will share the dutites out of the backfield.

Running that is great, i think he will be in there on sunday!
oskin100
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Navyseal » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:30 pm

I hate this guessing game BS in the NFL every week... I don't even have Priest but I grabbed Rhodes instead of Blaylock or Johnson for Sunday b/c of Deuce's injury. Personally I don't think Holmes will play, but I've been wrong before...
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk