Suggestions for Week 3: Calico, Morton, Caldwell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Suggestions for Week 3: Calico, Morton, Caldwell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Suggestions for Week 3: Calico, Morton, Caldwell

Postby eriesteeler » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:05 pm

Would like your thoughts. Since I lose Branch and Colbert to a bye-week, I need to pick up two more receivers. I kept Calico on my roster after his knees, so here are questions:

1) Will Calico play enough and be effective to use as a thrid receiver next week?

2) I can pick up Morton (KC) or Caldwell (SD) and start one next week? These seem to be the best of a deep league waiver-wire bunch.

3) Any thoughts and/or other sleeper suggestions that I have missed?

Thanks and I'll be glad to help with your questions as well
eriesteeler
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fishsauce9 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:40 pm

I'm in the same exact situation.....i have moss and muhammad out for bye weeks....i just picked up calico even though it's iffy with regards to if he will start. If Bennett is out, i'd say definitely start him. Caldwell has a tough matchup in DEN, esp if he has to go up against Champ, but if DEN considers Dwight to be a more dangerous receiver, then Caldwell will get plenty of looks with Champ on Dwight...Morton could be a strong play this week against HOu, but is inconsistent.

1) Calico, assuming he plays
2) Caldwell
3) Morton
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cbrowns » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:52 pm

I agree with Fishsauc. Champ might actually cover antonio gates, seeing as how he covered T. Gonzalez. Just depends on who is doing best for the bolts that day. But if you can figure out if Calico will be full strength before game time, I think he is your best start. Good luck !
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:00 am

I think you have no choice but to try Morton. The Cheifs have to win and Priest is ailing. If he doesn't play they will pass more. If he does play but isn't healthy enough, they might use him as a decoy to set up the pass. Morton and Hall are their only healthy WRs of note, and Morton is a more accomplished WR than Hall.
Calico is comming off of knee surgery and I would want to wait for him to get worked back into the offense.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby leernin64 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:22 am

morton
leernin64
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk