Return to Football Talk

Pittman Arrested.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pittman Arrested.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:43 am

Senta Scarborough
The Arizona Republic
May. 31, 2003 11:10 PM

Former Arizona Cardinal Michael Pittman was handcuffed and hauled off to jail Saturday after he rammed his Hummer into his wife's Mercedes in their upscale Ahwatukee Foothills community after arguing over their son, police said.

Phoenix police said Pittman, a star player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2003 Super Bowl, was charged with six felony counts.

Phoenix police Lt. Frank Milstead said Pittman rammed the car carrying his wife, Melissa, their son, Mycah, and his baby-sitter, Kristina Hegland, as they tried to leave the gated community of Whistling Rock about 4 p.m. No one was hurt in the crash.

Milstead said the couple argued over whether Pittman could take the 2-year-old son for spring training.

"His wife was adamant that he should not take their son with him. He told her he paid for everything and told her to leave," he said. "She says, 'Hey, let's go back to the house and talk about it,' " Milstead said. "When she starts to move, he rams the car."

Pittman, 27, who is on probation for a domestic violence incident involving his wife, was booked into the Madison Street Jail on three counts of aggravated assault and three of reckless endangerment.

He was arrested twice on domestic violence charges in the summer of 2001 and was released by the Cardinals.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:21 am

He should stay in jail too for awhile. Is this guy just plain stupid or what? How the hell do you ram your wifes car with her and your son in it? Pissed off or not, what if (god forbid) he seriously injuryed anyone or all of them?

He should be punished in a big way, and I don't mean just his wallet. This is no way for anyone to act, and I hope he pays the price for his actions.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:29 am

I agree with Dazey here !

On a lighter note, it would be easier to list the players of the NFL NOT being charged with something this off season :-o
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby the conundrum » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:37 am

I hope it's just a case of an overzealous reporter saying he "rammed" his car when maybe he just pinned them in so they couldn't leave. I find it hard to believe someone would purposefully endanger their own child (even in a rage).

But if it IS true then I hope he goes to jail for it. Sounds like Mike's got a temper so I suppose it's possible.
the conundrum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VIPER » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:51 pm

With all the previous domestic abuse charges I would say he's def. got a temper!! Let 'em sit for a while!!
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Slingblade » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:34 pm

let that bastard sit on jail for a while
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bmill16 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:43 pm

This is just the reason our league has a felony pool. The first person to have a player convicted of a felony gets a 60$ (5 a person) pot. We had to put convicted in there because it only took about a week for a player to be charged with a felony.
bmill16
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:05 pm

what an ass!! i hope he sits in jail for a couple months anyway, since this isnt a first offense.. lighter note, i noticed they called him a "star" which is crazy and was wondering why he doesnt show this aggression on the football field
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:59 pm

Is there some sort of stupidity virus that NFL players pass amongst each other? It's either drugs or domestic violence with this crowd. Unbelievable. :-t
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Enoch » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:51 pm

fntsyrookie wrote:Is there some sort of stupidity virus that NFL players pass amongst each other? It's either drugs or domestic violence with this crowd. Unbelievable. :-t

Got to be some kind of stupidity virus. If I got half the money they get, I would not mess it up with stuff like this or drugs. Just don't understand it
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk