I Hate Fantasy Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I Hate Fantasy Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

I Hate Fantasy Football

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:28 pm

This is just frustrating. I just lost by 1 point and am now 0-2. That Akers 47 Yard Field goal just seeled the deal. Its official Im now 0-2. I tell you I am really starting to hate Fantasy Football. This is only my second year, but it amazes me how unlucky I am. I get screwed so many times its just absurd. Last year I was robbed of winning my league by a tie in the semi-finals. Week 1 I have a good week. The Team had all of its players blow up. I lose 142- 101. That team than loses this week. I really cannot believe that I lost by 1 damn point :~( :~( :~( :-t :~(

THe one good thing tonight is that the Vikings lost ;-D ;-D
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Hmm

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:41 pm

Me now 1-1 ...I would of won if it wasnt for Green fumbling near the endzone on Sunday...me 2 very frusterating.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Hmm

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:51 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Me now 1-1 ...I would of won if it wasnt for Green fumbling near the endzone on Sunday...me 2 very frusterating.

I feel your pain...Ahman "Fumblar" Green did me in on one league as well. I lost by 2 points in that one. It's the very reason I didn't draft him last year.

Everyone feels the sting of defeat in close fantasy games. Just like in real life, you have to turn it into a positive somehow. Of course, when you're just guessing how football players will do in a game, it's hard to find anything positive in it. Oh well, you just have to realize fantasy football doesn't control your life and move on...I know, it's very hard to do. !+)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: I Hate Fantasy Football

Postby Fern » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:58 pm

GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote:This is just frustrating. I just lost by 1 point and am now 0-2. That Akers 47 Yard Field goal just seeled the deal. Its official Im now 0-2. I tell you I am really starting to hate Fantasy Football. This is only my second year, but it amazes me how unlucky I am. I get screwed so many times its just absurd. Last year I was robbed of winning my league by a tie in the semi-finals. Week 1 I have a good week. The Team had all of its players blow up. I lose 142- 101. That team than loses this week. I really cannot believe that I lost by 1 damn point :~( :~( :~( :-t :~(

THe one good thing tonight is that the Vikings lost ;-D ;-D

I hear yea, I was going against Owens and Akers tonight and ended up with a 3 point lead going into the final minutes. I thought I had pulled it off again but damn Akers kicks a field goal and I lose by a point. FF can be a cruel game :~(
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kevster1 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:11 am

In Vegas where I live Sport's gamblers call it a bad beat. When you lose when it doesn't seem possible, but you still lose. It may help to know that I have seen people lose thousand's, of dollars on incidents' in sports events that almost seem impossible. Two missed foul shots from a guy who normally shoot's 80%, missed extra point's. In my case losing a 8 team parlay worth $4,000 when John Elway ran back thru the end zone for a safetey with less than a minute to go to give his team more room to punt. I lost by a half a point. I sincerely hope your luck takes a turn for the better. In the future you will win some close one's. Don't give up on fantasy footbal. It is way too much fun! ;-D
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:23 am

kevster1 wrote:In Vegas where I live Sport's gamblers call it a bad beat. When you lose when it doesn't seem possible, but you still lose. It may help to know that I have seen people lose thousand's, of dollars on incidents' in sports events that almost seem impossible. Two missed foul shots from a guy who normally shoot's 80%, missed extra point's. In my case losing a 8 team parlay worth $4,000 when John Elway ran back thru the end zone for a safetey with less than a minute to go to give his team more room to punt. I lost by a half a point. I sincerely hope your luck takes a turn for the better. In the future you will win some close one's. Don't give up on fantasy footbal. It is way too much fun! ;-D

Wow, great examples kev...really crappy luck on that parlay.

It's just like those WSOP guys who go all in with the best hand and have a 98% chance of winning millions of dollars, and then the miracle river card comes and they lose it all. Mike Matusow comes to mind this year...he was very upset, shaken, and sobbing uncontrollably knowing that he should have still been in the running. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:32 am

Until you've lost 4 consecutive superbowls by a combined total of 25 points I really dont wanna hear it.

Grand total lost: $1200.00
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:35 am

awwchrist wrote:Until you've lost 4 consecutive superbowls by a combined total of 25 points I really dont wanna hear it.

Damn, I 'm surprised you haven't changed your name to awwbleep!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Paladyr » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:31 am

at some point the luck starts going your way, so just hang in there. I'm now 0-2 also. I needed culpepper to outscore mcnabb last night and he couldn't.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:16 am

moochman wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Until you've lost 4 consecutive superbowls by a combined total of 25 points I really dont wanna hear it.

Damn, I 'm surprised you haven't changed your name to awwbleep!

HA!

I swear this year will be different. I have my league by the short and curlies. If I go 0-5...I just my do something drastic.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting