A REAL PB CHALLENGE: Washington v. Dallas - week3, MNF... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

A REAL PB CHALLENGE: Washington v. Dallas - week3, MNF...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:59 am

MeShawn wrote:Skins' fans, you know the drill ;-)

I know MeShawn got his ass shut out last night...

I know 2 horrible pass interference calls (1 call and 1 non-call, actually) cost us that win...

OK, I'm done venting now... And I will wear my bag with pride... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:09 am

I didn't see the game, but I heard there were some bad calls on both sides. 13-1. Be a good sport, Plinds.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:07 am

FF Newbie wrote:I didn't see the game, but I heard there were some bad calls on both sides. 13-1. Be a good sport, Plinds.

I am being a good sport... And I don't know what horrible calls went against Dallas... However there were three questionable calls, 2 obvious wrong calls that led directly to TD's or inhibited TD's....

1) Glenn and WAS corner were flying into the endzone after a Testaverde jumpball... The Washington corner had Glenn beat and Glen grabs his jersey in the endzone, and basically pulls him to the ground before he could make the interception... What do the refs call? Defensive pass interference, and the 'Boys get it at the 1... Even the announcers said that was completely bogus...

2) Gardner and a DAL corner are in the endzone going after a Brunell pass... Gadner has his guy beat by about 2 steps, and the ball is about 2 inches off his fingertips when the Dallas corner reaches out and grabs his shoulder totally keeping him from extending for the ball... This was also clear as day, and even the announcers said there was no way that was not interference... No call... Would have given the Skins first and goal at the 1...

3) The third one was questionable and could have gone either way, but I'm talking about the fumbled punt recovered by Washington that the refs said was down by contact... That one was questionable, but not a game breaker... The other two were not even close to questionable and led to a 14 point swing... If either of them would have gone to the Skins the game has a different outcome...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:29 pm

Well, I can't really comment since I didn't watch it, but what I've been reading is that the PI call against the Redskins in the end zone was not a good call, but also that Gardner blatantly interferred on one of his long grabs that either scored or set the 'skins up to score, but it wasn't called. If that's true, it's 1-1 on blown calls with each leading to a huge gain and a TD, which is pretty even. In any case, it looked like Dallas dominated the game and Washington was lucky to get back into it late. Any idea why Gibbs wouldn't look at Parcells when they shook hands after the game? Is there bad blood between those two?
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:55 pm

Plindsey, you're forgetting about 2 that clearly went in the Skins favor.

1) Portis not being called down by contact. The Redskins would've punted and given great field position to the Boys if that was called properly, instead they march for 92 yards. Only got 3 points, but that drive boosted the morale on their side substantially.

2) Last play of the game. Gardner clearly was holding both hands on the back of the Dallas CBs jersey and pushed off to jump for that ball. It didn't matter at that point, but had the game been called correctly, or the clock managed correctly, this would've been a rather important, 50 or so, yard gain.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby tsunami001 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:18 pm

FF Newbie wrote:Well, I can't really comment since I didn't watch it, but what I've been reading is that the PI call against the Redskins in the end zone was not a good call, but also that Gardner blatantly interferred on one of his long grabs that either scored or set the 'skins up to score, but it wasn't called. If that's true, it's 1-1 on blown calls with each leading to a huge gain and a TD, which is pretty even. In any case, it looked like Dallas dominated the game and Washington was lucky to get back into it late. Any idea why Gibbs wouldn't look at Parcells when they shook hands after the game? Is there bad blood between those two?

how can you say any of this if you didn't see the game?
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tsunami001 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:22 pm

FF Newbie wrote:Well, I can't really comment since I didn't watch it, but what I've been reading is that the PI call against the Redskins in the end zone was not a good call, but also that Gardner blatantly interferred on one of his long grabs that either scored or set the 'skins up to score, but it wasn't called. If that's true, it's 1-1 on blown calls with each leading to a huge gain and a TD, which is pretty even. In any case, it looked like Dallas dominated the game and Washington was lucky to get back into it late. Any idea why Gibbs wouldn't look at Parcells when they shook hands after the game? Is there bad blood between those two?

Actually what makes you think dallas dominated the game? Washington led in pretty much every statistical category.. Gibbs knows he got screwed out of that game by the refs. Anybody who watched the game knows that.
Farewell #21, you will be missed dearly..
sig courtesy of eskins
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:31 pm

maddog60 wrote:Plindsey, you're forgetting about 2 that clearly went in the Skins favor.

1) Portis not being called down by contact. The Redskins would've punted and given great field position to the Boys if that was called properly, instead they march for 92 yards. Only got 3 points, but that drive boosted the morale on their side substantially.

2) Last play of the game. Gardner clearly was holding both hands on the back of the Dallas CBs jersey and pushed off to jump for that ball. It didn't matter at that point, but had the game been called correctly, or the clock managed correctly, this would've been a rather important, 50 or so, yard gain.

1. That gave the Redskins a first down, not a touchdown... not nearly as bad.
2. This play would not have mattered if the game had been called correctly in the first place.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:17 pm

As Maddog mentioned, they ended up going 92 yards to only screw up on the goalline. That drive shouldn't have ended up with a field goal, but the 'Skins shoulda scored a touchdown on that first and goal.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:47 pm

how can you say any of this if you didn't see the game?

I said that's what others are saying and sure enough someone comes on right after me and posts the same thing. What's wrong with saying "I've heard people saying...?" Learn to read. I also heard about the poor spots that gave washington an extra couple of first downs.

The botched PI calls gave both teams a 1st and goal. They don't award points for penalties, just field position. What you do with it after that is up to you. Anyways, it looks like 10 points off blown calls for Washington (they could've scored 14, but didn't) and 7 for Dallas. I just don't see how that equates to an unfair advantage for the Cowboys.

Actually what makes you think dallas dominated the game? Washington led in pretty much every statistical category.

1. Go back and read what I said. 2. Try looking up the stats through 3 1/2 quarters.

I would like to point out that the Cowboys fans here didn't start this ridiculous discussion. We are merely responding to the comments made by disappointed skins fans. I really don't see how this game was so different from any other game in the series or why we should've expected a different result.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting