14 Straight RB's Taken! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

14 Straight RB's Taken!

Moderator: Football Moderators

14 Straight RB's Taken!

Postby joe_montana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:15 pm

I'm in the first year of a keeper draft and all of the first 14 picks have been RB's. I can't say I am THAT suprised, but I expected at least Owens, Harrison, and Vick in the first. Here is how the draft has gone so far.
1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Clinton Portis
3. Ricky Williams
4. Deuce McAllister (thats me)
5. Priest Holmes
6. Shaun Alexander
7. Marshall Faulk
8. Jamal Lewis (too early)
9. Travis Henry
10. Edgerin James
11. Ahman Green
12. Tiki Barber
13. Fred Taylor
14. Stephen Davis
Now, getting to my question, I don't pick again until 21 and it looks like there won't be many options at RB then. Should I try and trade up or will there be some non-running back that would often go early still avalible at 21. I doubt this will continue too long so I don't see myself snaging Vick, Owens, or Harrison. But it could happen. Should I stick to the rules and draft another RB no matter what is avalible @ 21? What should I do?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joester » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:27 pm

You will have to chime back in whenever it gtes to your pick, but if Owens or Harrison are tehre at 21 definently snag them. On the Vick issue thats your choice. Im not that big a Vick fan and I dont think he will ever be worth the recognition he is getting in all these drafts. And by teh way is tehre a website where we can go see how the draft is going
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:07 pm

This is how I'd rank the next group of players. For me, in a keeper league, with my 2nd pick I'd really want someone I see keeping for a few years (rather than a Curtis Martin who probably won't be keeper-worthy for much longer).

Owens
Harrison
W. Green
Bennett
Vick
McNabb
Barlow
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:22 pm

I'd do what Joester says and come back nearer your pick. With 10 picks before you its safe to assume most of the big names will be snapped up. Youve done well so far, the next pick is crucial. Come run it by us near the time.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby nati2709 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:23 pm

i can't beleive 14 straight rb's. I know they are a neccisity but c'mon. Jamal Lewis in the first round?? That is a terrible pick. I can't beleive someone hasn't taken Owens or Harrison. As for Vick I'm not very big on him fantasy wise either. Love to watch him though.
nati2709
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:25 pm

Homeless wrote:I'd do what Joester says and come back nearer your pick. With 10 picks before you its safe to assume most of the big names will be snapped up. Youve done well so far, the next pick is crucial. Come run it by us near the time.

let us know ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby joe_montana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:28 pm

The streak runs to 15. The last pick was Corey Dillion. Here is a link to the draft as it is happening. http://www.fantasyref.com/modules/newbb ... 0&start=10
I was thinking about offering my 2nd (21) and 3rd (4th pick in the 3rd) for one of the next two picks and their fourths (early 4ths) Am I giving up to much in those deals? I could then snag Owens or Harrison, and have 2 picks in the fourth to grab a RB that falls (maybe Barlow?) and another player. I can only keep the player for 3 years, and if I keep them I give up the pick from that round the next year. Good trade or not?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:34 pm

i wouldn't sweat trading for picks,, your at the same advantage/disadvantage as the rest,,,play your cards it will all work out,,,it usually does.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Nero » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:49 pm

9er Fan wrote:This is how I'd rank the next group of players. For me, in a keeper league, with my 2nd pick I'd really want someone I see keeping for a few years (rather than a Curtis Martin who probably won't be keeper-worthy for much longer).

Owens
Harrison
W. Green
Bennett
Vick
McNabb
Barlow

This list is all sorts of f*cked up...

I would rate the next group of players as ... Harrison, Owens, CPepp, McNabb, Green, Bennett
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joe_montana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:33 pm

First of all, thanks for all the replys. I don't think I will do the trade as the next two teams went with Harrison and Owens. That means there have been 17 picks, and only four more until I pick. I am now assured one of the following players: Vick, McNabb, W. Green, CPepp, or Bennett/Barlow/C-Mart. With this new info, where would you rank the players? I am hoping I can get W. Green as he seems like the only really good option left at RB. I like Barlow, but I was targeting him in the 4th. One of the top QB's would be nice, I guess, but I am not sure who I can take in the later rounds as a RB if I take one of them. I guess it will all work out, but this whole 15 straight RB's has thrown me for a loop.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk