14 Straight RB's Taken! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

14 Straight RB's Taken!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joe_montana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:54 pm

Sorry that is 3 picks until me. That means I can get one of the following: Vick, McNabb, CPepp, W. Green. I was really hoping for Owens or Harrison, but what are you going to do?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joe_montana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:19 pm

Should I trade up to current pick? We would switch our picks in rounds 2, 3, and 5. Is this worth it, and if I do it who should I pick?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Enoch » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:49 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Homeless wrote:I'd do what Joester says and come back nearer your pick. With 10 picks before you its safe to assume most of the big names will be snapped up. Youve done well so far, the next pick is crucial. Come run it by us near the time.

let us know ;-D
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hawkki » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:42 pm

If I where in your shoes, I’d have to consider taking a solid QB unless Bennett is still available. I doubt very much that Bennett makes it up to you but hey this is fantasy….
I’d go in this order;
Bennett
McNabb
Manning *depends on rules, if you get points taken away for interception then drop one spot
Culpepper

Round 3
E.George if you want a solid 2nd RB
H.Ward
E Moulds
D Driver
P Burress

Best of luck to you.
Hawkki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joe_montana » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:40 pm

Thanks. People are pretty low on Vick huh. His 8 rushing TD's would help me, as would his like 800 yards rushing. He is basically like a low tier RB who also throws 16 TD's. I know McNabb is better and D's are going to key in on his running and make him beat them with his arm, but still. Anyways, I offered this guy a deal where I give him my 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder and I get Marvin Harrison and his early 4th rounder. He is intrested, but wants to know who is avalible when I pick. I think this is a good deal for me if I can get it done. Harrison is automatic, and in the fourth I bet I can pick up Barlow, or a top WR. Good trade or bad trade?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Endzone Express » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:06 am

Hey Joe,

Where's the update on your draft???

Don't mess with Vick, he's gonna get injured this season i think.

I would look at selecting the best RB and WR for your scoring format with your next two picks.

And stop thinking about trading up while the draft is going on. It usually doesn't work out like you think.
[img][/img]

It is a special time and a special place... where young men go in search of fame... each sharing a common goal: To Win A National Championship!

There is NO PLACE like NEBRASKA!
Endzone Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Poobah » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:55 am

Put me in with the naysayers on Vick, especially since it seems that no QB have been selected. I'd rather not have a "low-scale RB who throws 16 TD" as my starter. I'd rather have Culpepper, McNabb, or Manning, who could put up 30 TD passing, and anything else that comes along is a bonus.

I'd consider Barlow, Bennett, or Hambrick with your second pick if you are dead set on RB.

If you like a WR, Moss or Moulds would be good either here or in round 3 if they are still on the board.

I don't think I like the trade offer because I don't think Barlow will be available 40 picks into the draft at this point, because if everyone has two backs at that point, you're already 24 deep, and if someone doesn't like one of their first two picks, they may try RB for a 3rd time. I love trading for Harrison, but it may leave you very weak at RB.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby joe_montana » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:31 pm

There is only one more pick and then I pick. I guess I understand the injury risk of Vick, and D's will begin to crack down on his running, but I added up his stats and he got like 50 more points than Duce last year. I know thats not a lot, but...Anyways, the last two picks have been Willy Green and Curtis Martin (?). I am not set on taking a RB, and I don't think I will. There just aren't that many options. I am thinking McNabb is my #1 choice, but the guy drafting ahead of me is a big time Philly fan. I guess I'll take your guys word for it on Vick. So who is my #2 non running back choice right now? C-Pepp? Moulds? Moss? My plan is to take one of these guys and then grab a running back when I pick in the 3rd, which is like in 5 picks or somthing. Thanks again for all the help.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:36 pm

go for Daunte brotha ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby joe_montana » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:42 pm

So you think Daunte will bounce back and have a good year? I think the scoring system is targeted for QB's who can both run and pass, so Duante couldn't hurt.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk