More bad news on L Gordon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More bad news on L Gordon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kyle2270 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:23 pm

Wanny is an idiot. Just listen to him talk. He has trouble forming sentences. When will Miami learn and fire him. Watched him chi-town too long.
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby enderwiggin » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:58 pm

kyle2270 wrote:Wanny is an idiot. Just listen to him talk. He has trouble forming sentences. When will Miami learn and fire him. Watched him chi-town too long.

so you think leaders that cant form sentences well should be fired? Hmmmm........ :-D
aka Bloody Nipples for baseball
enderwiggin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: the above isnt from a challenge; i'm just embarrassed.

Postby JrcWy » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:17 pm

enderwiggin wrote:
kyle2270 wrote:Wanny is an idiot. Just listen to him talk. He has trouble forming sentences. When will Miami learn and fire him. Watched him chi-town too long.

so you think leaders that cant form sentences well should be fired? Hmmmm........ :-D

I see what you are getting at here, but the only stupid "W" that we are discussing right now is Wandstat.

An NFL coach is rarely fired mid-way through the season, but I would love to see him out ASAP so that someone can come in and start putting the pieces together for next year. The Dolphins wouldn't be in that bad of a situation next year with a new coach. They could have AJ with a years worth of starting experience; 3 great recievers in Chambers, Booker, and Boston; a good (but quickly aging) defense; and an aquired RB that could include Henry, Alexander, or Edge. With a little help on O-line, the team could be reloaded next season under a new coach.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Gordon Sucked

Postby jerzey jetz » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:18 pm

I actually started Gordon over T.Jones and it %&$%ing cost me the game. He looked horrible. I didn't see him brake one tackle or get 1 yard on his own efforts. They will probably use him for his catching abilities though. What was I thinking.....
jerzey jetz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby enderwiggin » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:23 pm

JrcWY wrote:
enderwiggin wrote:

I see what you are getting at here, but the only stupid "W" that we are discussing right now is Wandstat.

An NFL coach is rarely fired mid-way through the season, but I would love to see him out ASAP so that someone can come in and start putting the pieces together for next year. The Dolphins wouldn't be in that bad of a situation next year with a new coach. They could have AJ with a years worth of starting experience; 3 great recievers in Chambers, Booker, and Boston; a good (but quickly aging) defense; and an aquired RB that could include Henry, Alexander, or Edge. With a little help on O-line, the team could be reloaded next season under a new coach.

Sorry for the tangent, but I saw an opportunity I couldnt pass up :-D .

As for Gordon. His fantasy value is terrible, IMO. As long as he is behind that Oline, he will never produce.
aka Bloody Nipples for baseball
enderwiggin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: the above isnt from a challenge; i'm just embarrassed.

Postby Navyseal » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:12 am

I agree... there is simply no guarantee that Gordon will produce behind that line...
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby littletank » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:36 am

Is Minor worth picking up over Rash. Lee, William Green or Blaylock if you have an injured Edge and can't get Rhodes?
littletank
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:06 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:I don't care what he's owed (if anything);

What has Wanny ever done to be owed anything? All he did was run 2 franchises into the ground, one of which arguably had Super Bowl talent player wise for 3 years of his tenure. What'd he do with this talent? One playoff appearance.

I meant contract-wise if they had to buy it out. They shouldn't pay whatever he has left on it anyway...he hasn't earned a cent of it. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:24 am

Perhaps Ricky Williams is not so crazy after all and figured out what he'd be in store for and simply used his 'interests' as an excuse to get out of dodge...
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:34 am

Acidrock23 wrote:Perhaps Ricky Williams is not so crazy after all and figured out what he'd be in store for and simply used his 'interests' as an excuse to get out of dodge...

Agreed. I said that a long time ago...

Ricky Williams saw the fact that the O-line in Miami is absolutely horrible, and saw two options:

1) Play behind that line, average 3.0 ypc, get beat up and possibly injured during the season, and see his value fall through the floor...

or

2) Take a year off, get rested after last year's complete workhorse effort, let the Dolphins and rest of the league see what happens to Miami with him gone, which makes him look DAMN valuable, and come back to Miami (or elsewhere) and sign whatever contract he wants...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk