Onterio Smith hearing set this week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterio Smith hearing set this week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Onterio Smith hearing set this week

Postby Rockingout » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:10 pm

I am starting to hear rummors about this, if he has a hearing this week and the league suspends him he will not play this week. Anyone hear anything this is all I have.

-Smith should be the primary starter next week as well, but any day now the NFL is set to rule on his appeal of a four-game drug suspension.
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rockingout » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:11 pm

If Onterrio Smith's appeal of a drug suspension is finally heard by the NFL this week, Williams could be in line to start if healthy. He'll split carries if healthy and Smith is allowed to play. If both Williams and Smith are out, then Mewelde Moore would start at running back. It's another week to keep a close eye on the Vikings running back situation.
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Onterio Smith hearing set this week

Postby mikey » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:04 am

Rockingout wrote:I am starting to hear rummors about this, if he has a hearing this week and the league suspends him he will not play this week. Anyone hear anything this is all I have.

-Smith should be the primary starter next week as well, but any day now the NFL is set to rule on his appeal of a four-game drug suspension.

According to League rules, his hearing, a decision and any subsequent suspension, need to be given the Monday before it can take effect. Being that nothing was decided two days ago, Onterrio is good to go this week.

Last I heard, Onterrio's hearing was set for Oct. 4th. If Onterrio is suspended (as is expected), then he would be ineligible beginning week #5.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Rockingout » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:34 pm

thats what I thought. His hearing was oct 4, but people are talking about this week?? :-t
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jebatzel » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:56 pm

Vikings need to get some new TEs
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk