What happend to Clinton Portis and Dominic Davis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What happend to Clinton Portis and Dominic Davis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What happend to Clinton Portis and Dominic Davis?

Postby Martini30 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:46 am

My starting running backs have been a bit of a let down. I started Portis and Davis again while Curtis Martin continued his streak as the #1 fantasy player overall while warming my bench. I suppose at 0-2 I will find it difficult to stay the course.

Boo Hoo!
Martini30
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:08 am

Dom Davis is doing just fine... He's 3rd - 9th in fantasy production in most leagues... And if he would learn to hold onto the damn ball, he'd be sitting solid at #3...

Portis is sitting 10th - 13th in fantasy production in most leagues... And most of us expected a slight dropoff from him in Washington... Week 1 was good for him, and week 2 was so-so, but neither week was a bust...

It's only week two, though... There is still a lot of football to be played... As time goes on, everyone will start to seperate out into a closer approximation of where they should be... Curtis Martin is playing great ball, but he's doing it against crappy rush D's... You should have probably known to start him against San Diego this past week... I started him over Edge, and despite Edge's huge day, Martin still got him... But let's look at his next 7 games:

MIA
BUF
SF
NE
MIA
BUF
BAL

Sell Martin now... His value is through the roof right now, but by the end of week 10, he'll be right back to being a decent #2 RB at best...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:14 am

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by asking what happened?

Davis rushed 25 times for 78 yards and caught 11 passes for 95 yards. Last time I looked that was pretty good.

Portis had 98 all-purpose yards and one touchdown.

What more do you want. That is solid.

I had Barlow on my bench and he scored 23 points but that doesn't mean because I started Davis and he scored 16 that he had a bad week.

I would be happy you have 3 solid RB's personally.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Urrah Buttcrack » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:27 am

I agree. QUIT BLUBBERING !!!!!!!
- Urrah Buttcrack
Urrah Buttcrack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk