Jermaine Wiggins injured - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jermaine Wiggins injured

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jermaine Wiggins injured

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:31 am

I know its not that big of a deal, but he was a pretty hot pickup before last week when news that Kleinsasser went down. As the starter last Sunday he had a great game catching 8 passes for 65 yds. It seems to me that MIN is using their TE pretty effectively, and whoever is getting the majority of reps there should be a fantasy consideration.

There are a number of confirming reportson this, but heres one from Stats Inc:

STATS Inc wrote:Sep 21 Wiggins originally was diagnosed with a sprained left hand, but further tests have revealed a broken bone. Filling in for the ailing Jim Kleinsasser, Wiggins hauled in eight passes for 65 yards in Monday's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles before leaving in the fourth quarter with the injury. The Vikings' tight end is expected to miss at least two weeks.
Advice: If all goes well, Wiggins could be back in Week 5. If that is the case, he would miss just one game, as the Vikings have their bye in Week 4. In the time being, the team will rely on Richard Owens and Jeff Dugan to fill the void.

Rotowire listed Dick Owens as the new starter there. Anyone know much about him?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jermaine Wiggins injured

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:39 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Rotowire listed Dick Owens as the new starter there. Anyone know much about him?

Unless he's Terrell's brother, he's probably worth about as much as his name implies... :-b :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:35 am

So, Dick Owens was undrafted, and this is his 2nd yr.
Jeff Dugan is a rookie taken in the 7th rd this yr.

um... any Vikings fans concerned that they have an undrafted 2n yr man and a 7th rd pick filling in at a position as important as TE for next week and possibly longer depending on how long Wiggins sits?

How will this affect an Oline that looked like they played their worst game in 2 yrs this past Monday night?

I know this sounds like a small, irrelevant thing, but I would really like to hear what they are saying about this in Minnesota right now - anyone familiar with whats happening want to shed some light?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk