Dyson is Done. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dyson is Done.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dyson is Done.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:48 pm

CBSSportsline:The Carolina Panthers have been hit hard by a fluke offseason workout injury. Coach John Fox told SportsLine.com that wide receiver Kevin Dyson tore his left Achilles' tendon injury Wednesday morning.

Dyson, a former Titans first-round pick, was one of the Panthers key free-agent acquisitions this offseason.

"We're still assessing the injury and hoping to have him back in November," Fox said.

A torn Achilles is usually a season-ending injury, and the Panthers are planning on putting Dyson on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. In reality, Dyson will need a strong comeback to return this year.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:11 pm

Nah...count him out! and i just picked him in a mock draft...lol

on a sidenote...how many "season ending injuries" has this guy had? this is what? his 3rd??
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Nero » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:35 pm

yep...this one knocks him out of the league...poor guy...

imagine the Titans had they picked Moss...Fisher would have gotten his ass in line
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:29 pm

Panthers eyeing Freeman.

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

For beleaguered wide receiver Kevin Dyson, whose promising career has been marred by injuries, the misfortune continues.

The five-year veteran, signed by the Carolina Panthers as an unrestricted free agent this spring, suffered a torn Achilles tendon during a Wednesday practice session, ESPN.com has confirmed through league and team sources. Dyson will undergo Thursday surgery and likely will miss the entire 2003 season.

Carolina officials immediately began scrambling for a possible replacement, and sources told ESPN.com the team has already contacted the representative for free agent Antonio Freeman, the eight-year veteran who played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2002. Freeman is arguably the top receiver available, but is also being pursued by three other teams.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:46 pm

Not a bad replacement. I also read somewhere that SF was looking at Freeman as a #3 WR, behind Owens/Streets.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Enoch » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:27 pm

This should help out Steve Smith :-t
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Slingblade » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:50 pm

that sucks for the panthers
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:41 pm

I really feel sorry for Dyson. Maybe he should try Yoga ?
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby nati2709 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:28 pm

yeah, i feel pretty bad for him to. Even though that guy is a great part of Titans history he is so damn injury prone it drives me crazy. I don't know if he'll ever pull out of this one. He's all ready got a jacked up knee to go along with his heel.
nati2709
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DUKE » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:46 pm

some athletes seem jinxed. I can't believe he's hurt again. the "music city miracle" is about the only thing thats gone good for him his whole career.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Football Talk