PLEASE Help me plead my case with the commish... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PLEASE Help me plead my case with the commish...

Moderator: Football Moderators

PLEASE Help me plead my case with the commish...

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:53 pm

I don't think trades should be vetoed unless collusion is involved but our commissioner doesn't feel the same way and he is deciding on a veto that will affect a prior trade of mine.

Before the season started, I traded away Plax for Chris Brown. I definitely won the trade but Plax was 1 year removed from 1300 yard season and Brown was relatively unproven so it wasn't too bad a deal especially because the season hadn't started.

A trade went down today of Aaron Brooks for Aaron Stecker which the commish is threatening to veto (TERRIBLE trade, but stupidity is all that was involved). The teams involved are saying that if my trade went through that their's should, so he is thinking about retroactively vetoing my trade.

1) I can't see how a retroactive veto is anything but shady as hell.
2) I don't think the trades are in the same ballpark of lopsided.

Please help with the defense of my trade :-o :-[ O:-)
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tree_Sloths » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:59 pm

That's easy. Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to see now that you got the better end of your trade. But only a complete idiot would think Brooks for Stecker is a fair trade. And besides, your league rules should clearly spell out what the veto deadline is. If it passed the deadline, your commish can't go changing the rules after the season has started.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chopper » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:59 pm

If your commish was seriously considering un-doing a pre-season trade during Week 3 of the season, you must run, not walk away from that league. You can get all kinds of discussion about the relative merit involved in the two trades, but none of it is the least bit relevent if you have a commish that screwed up. I've never quit a league, even ones that got messed up for various reasons, but that is unbelievable.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:00 pm

Yo can send him this link if you want:

Your commish is an idiot for thinking he can veto a trade he allowed awhile ago, thats just plain stupid.

As far as the trade goes, he has to let it thru, maybe the guy with brooks is strong at QB and needs a RB, plus starting RBs are fantasy gold. GOLD I TELL YA!!!
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:01 pm

Yo can send him this link if you want:

Your commish is an idiot for thinking he can veto a trade he allowed awhile ago, thats just plain stupid.

As far as the trade goes, he has to let it thru, maybe the guy with brooks is strong at QB and needs a RB, plus starting RBs are fantasy gold. GOLD I TELL YA!!!
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:11 pm

Back when your trade was made it was reasonable - the current trade is not. Your trade was not vetoed, it's too late to veto it now and there's no reason to anyway. The current trade should be vetoed and has absolutely no bearing on your trade - they are mutually exclusive events.
Your Commish needs to show some backbone and do what's right, not what those two goofs want because of their stupid trade. If he is not capable of doing that, then he should resign and let someone else run the league or simply leave trades to a majority vote. Your Commish is in over his head and should not be running a league.Send your Commish a link to all the comments in this thread.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:13 pm

there is no way that he can retroactivly vito anything, ive never ever heared about it happeneing and i think that is for a reason. Its been 2 weeks and it would be stupid to figure out who would start for each team if the trade went through, and unless your commish has a time machine there souldnt be anything done.

The trade aaron stecker for brooks it could be a deecnt trade depending on the teams. if the team getting stecker had no 2nd RB and a Payton or C-Pep as well as another decent backup or ... there are just soo many posibilityies that would make it a decent trade alltogether.

The two trades are defenatly in different catagories and should not be compared. Before the season starts everyone is high or low on different players and 2 weeks in can look pretty dumb. This is a boarder lien vito trade and it really depends on the teams.

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bowie » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:16 pm

The commish is free to veto the current trade (I don't believe in vetoes except for collusion, but many in the cafe seem in favor of protecting the league from individual stupidity). If he even tries a retroactive veto of a trade which has already been allowed (during the pre-season!!!), quit the league immediately. If he thinks he messed up by not vetoing your pre-season trade, than maybe he should compensate the other owner from his own roster for his mistake (although I would actually have a problem with this as well).

Edit: During the pre-season, Brown was unproven and Plax was supposedly going to bounce back for his contract year. I wouldn't have given Brown up for Plax, but your commish did the right thing not to veto the trade. For him to go back now and reverse a good call so that he can justify someting he wants to do now is idiotic (you can't set precedent by changing the past).
Last edited by Bowie on Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:19 pm

Woah, your commish is full of it. He thinks he can veto a preseason trade a month later? What BS. That other trade is pure stupidity, but if its not collusion let it be.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:20 pm

Tell your commish to PM me or email me and I'll give him explicit reasons what I think of him even CONSIDERING that.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk