EDGE Update!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

EDGE Update!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:05 pm

maddog60 wrote:I'd love to see RBBC from the Colts this week. My matchup is against someone who had to just replace Duece with Rhodes for our game.
Wouldn't you rather have James get all the carries?
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 pm

Personally I don't care which way it goes as I have both, but I need it to go one way or the other... I'll get killed if they do some sort of RBBC...

Well, we have a flex, so I suppose I could play Edge at RB with Q-tip and Rhodes at the flex spot.... That way I would atleast be assured of getting a good day out of one of them or a combined good day out of the two.... Hmmmm.... That might be a thought....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Birdman » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 pm

With my decision about Alexander last week, its nice to see someone else squirming about their starters. Luckily I made a good choice with T Jones to replace him.
Birdman Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:40 pm

Beat this.

I have Deuce as my #1 RB, he's definetly out for the week.
I have Edge as my #2, I've handcuffed him with Rhodes, no idea what will happen there.
I have Curtis Martin as my #3 RB, he's on a bye.
I have Dunn as my #4 RB, he's questionable for the week.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:57 pm

I need him to play bad. If he doesn't start, I will be playing

Aaron Stecker and either Bettis/Wheatley :~( . Dillon and Foster on the bye this week, so I'm pretty much guaranteed the loss this week now.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:36 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Personally I don't care which way it goes as I have both, but I need it to go one way or the other... I'll get killed if they do some sort of RBBC...

Well, we have a flex, so I suppose I could play Edge at RB with Q-tip and Rhodes at the flex spot.... That way I would atleast be assured of getting a good day out of one of them or a combined good day out of the two.... Hmmmm.... That might be a thought....

My fiance has Edge, Curtis Martin (bye), Corey Dillon (bye), Tatum Bell and she just dropped Jerry Rice to pick up Dominic Rhodes. We can only start 2 RBs each week and she decided to play Rhodes and Edge. I'm proud of her, that's exactly what I would have done. Hopefully, between the two of them, they'll get 20+ points.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Rockingout » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:20 am

While he won't start, Dominic Rhodes will likely split carries on Sunday.
That makes him a fine flex position candidate for teams during a bye week. Considering the Colts like to use Rhodes on the goal-line, he's a decent bet to score

and

Tony Dungy expects to split carries between Edgerrin James and Dominic Rhodes on Sunday.
"We're going to be smart," Dungy said. "It's one thing to play. It's another thing to play 85 plays and not get a break." Because it's the Colts playing a depleted Green Bay run defense, we see both player having fantasy value Sunday
Rockingout
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:22 am

I decided to play Rhodes and Edge unless Rhodes is named the starter, in which case it'll be Rhodes and Fred...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:20 pm

I'm playing it the same way Josebach's Fiancee is. I have Gordon, but I'm not chancing him against the Pitt D. I figure if I start both and both play, I've got it made for the week! ;-D
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Edge cleared to start

Postby purestrength » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:19 pm

Quick word from an Indiana observer:

Dungy said after Friday's practice that James should start, but that his PT will be limited and Rhodes is likely to play a lot.

Dungy said James looked good in practice again Friday, but they want to be careful. He added that things could change if any problems arise Saturday.

That's the paraphrased version of some knowledge I just acquired.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk