Davis to return sooner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Davis to return sooner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Davis to return sooner?

Postby mad benjamin » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:08 pm

Stephen Davis, RB CAR

News: According to reports, Stephen Davis (knee) doesn't think he'll be out five weeks. "I read that it's going to be two to five weeks. It's not going to be five weeks, I know that," Davis said. "It's possible with everything that I'm doing to try to get myself ready (for Atlanta). Anything is possible."

Analysis: Davis had surgery on his right knee to repair torn cartilage on Sept. 17. He has not ruled out playing in Week 4 against Atlanta.

>Could be good news for us Davis owners. I'd hate to think Foster could get a couple more opportunities to blow up before Davis returns. Good thing for the bye week.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1390
Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gryphons » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:20 pm

Thats life in the NFL. If you aren't in there, you can always lose your job to the guy behind you. I'm sure that after Foster's performance, Davis has a lot of incentive to get back "early".

Keep us posted on this. I'm taking a beating with Davis also.
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 86
Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Standing Guard!

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:32 pm

Of course Davis himself doesn't think he'll be out for 5 weeks. He wants to get back in there and play as soon as he can. It really doesn't matter what he thinks though as it's the doctors and coach who will make the decision.
Image
Image
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1906
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kinnick

Postby CRED0021 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:14 pm

FWIW, I was at a Japanese restaurant for lunch today. The chef said he was at a car dealership this week in either Charlotte or Spartanburg (didn't catch which one - English not so good), and met Stephen Davis. He said Davis told him and whoever else that he was ready to go this week - also no noticeable limp. Of course, he's not going to play this week but recovery sounds good. Never thought I would pick up NFL info from a Japanese chef.
CRED0021
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:18 pm

Ya, and Deuce McAllister said he wants to play this week. This is nothing but player speak, I guarantee you Davis will not play week 4. Maybe week 5 or 6.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby jarretts vikings » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:34 pm

Here's the news i got from fanball.
Sep 23 Panthers head coach John Fox is not ruling out the possibility of Stephen Davis in week four. Davis was originally expected to miss two-to-five weeks after having surgery to clean torn cartilage from his knee, but Fox is confidant that his starting running back will be able soon. "It's not going to be five weeks, I know that for sure," Fox told the Rock Hill Herald on Wednesday. Fox did not set an exact return date for his rusher, but added that he plans to insert Davis into the starting lineup "as soon as possible." Davis is already walking without the aid of crutches or a brace.
jarretts vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 162
Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby Gryphons » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:52 pm

jarretts vikings wrote:Here's the news i got from fanball.
Sep 23 Panthers head coach John Fox is not ruling out the possibility of Stephen Davis in week four. Davis was originally expected to miss two-to-five weeks after having surgery to clean torn cartilage from his knee, but Fox is confidant that his starting running back will be able soon. "It's not going to be five weeks, I know that for sure," Fox told the Rock Hill Herald on Wednesday. Fox did not set an exact return date for his rusher, but added that he plans to insert Davis into the starting lineup "as soon as possible." Davis is already walking without the aid of crutches or a brace.


Thanks, thats at least hopeful news for us Davis owners who feared, even when healthy, that Davis may lose his starting job. Sounds like Fox is going ahead and stopping those rumors before they start snowballing.
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 86
Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Standing Guard!

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:59 pm

CRED0021 wrote:FWIW, I was at a Japanese restaurant for lunch today. The chef said he was at a car dealership this week in either Charlotte or Spartanburg (didn't catch which one - English not so good), and met Stephen Davis. He said Davis told him and whoever else that he was ready to go this week - also no noticeable limp. Of course, he's not going to play this week but recovery sounds good. Never thought I would pick up NFL info from a Japanese chef.


There is a lot you can learn from a knowledgeable chef.

%@€%³
Image

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3408
Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: waiting for the playoff push...

Postby Gryphons » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:01 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
CRED0021 wrote:FWIW, I was at a Japanese restaurant for lunch today. The chef said he was at a car dealership this week in either Charlotte or Spartanburg (didn't catch which one - English not so good), and met Stephen Davis. He said Davis told him and whoever else that he was ready to go this week - also no noticeable limp. Of course, he's not going to play this week but recovery sounds good. Never thought I would pick up NFL info from a Japanese chef.


There is a lot you can learn from a knowledgeable chef.

%@€%³


Ah, but only Chef Sakai, really knows the truth!
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 86
Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Standing Guard!

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:03 pm

Gryphons wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:
CRED0021 wrote:FWIW, I was at a Japanese restaurant for lunch today. The chef said he was at a car dealership this week in either Charlotte or Spartanburg (didn't catch which one - English not so good), and met Stephen Davis. He said Davis told him and whoever else that he was ready to go this week - also no noticeable limp. Of course, he's not going to play this week but recovery sounds good. Never thought I would pick up NFL info from a Japanese chef.


There is a lot you can learn from a knowledgeable chef.

%@€%³


Ah, but only Chef Sakai, really knows the truth!


Sakai, Morimoto, Kenichi, Michiba, Kobe; hell I'll take em all on. :-]
Image

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3408
Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: waiting for the playoff push...

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:57 hours
(and 56 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact