Fred Taylor vs Dominick Davis - Who's the better back? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fred Taylor vs Dominick Davis - Who's the better back?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:35 am

I give the edge to DD. He is a better receiver and seems to have a nose for the goalline.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Randaman » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:19 am

dom is better then taylor by far and better then harrison also
Hook'em
Randaman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:00 pm

d00ds

Taylor is head and shoulders above DD. If Freddy played San Diego and Detroit, he too would put up 150 rushing yards. Shit, I think any back would...

Fact of the matter is Taylor is way underestimated right now, but he has a Pop Warner talent run defense schedule after this week, and DD is eventually going to have to face a good run D, and contend for carries with Hollings, who mind you was considered at one point, a top 10 draft choice in the Collegiate-NFL draft, before getting injured...or am I thinking of someone else :-] ...

Anyway, Taylor isn't injury prone, and is very talented. And people act like he is a small, non threat when it comes to goaline runs, but he is bigger than average, and I'd rather have him doing my goaline duties than DD...even though neither will...

Pick him up now, and laugh at how low you traded for him after he dominates the next 5 weeks ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jamal32 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:06 am

I see these guys in the second tier ever-so-slightly below the "always start no matter who the opponent" tier. Both of them seem like they can be shut down against the really good Run D's (DD based on last year). On the other hand, they are such feature guys, that they're golden against a bad run D.

Bottom line:

DD wins because he is such a huge part of an emerging passing game that he is more capable of having the kind of huge week against an easy opponent that may win a close game for ya. This isn't to say I wouldn't mind having Taylor after this week due to a significant (to say the least!) easing of his schedule (Titans own Jags, so this ain't his week). He just isn't quite the receiving guy DD is...
"I don't think there's anybody in this organization not focused on the 49ers... I mean Chargers."
-Bill Belichick
Jamal32
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:57 am

Well Davis is on my team, which obviously makes him the better back :-D
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:How quickly people forget. 2 weeks ago, nobody, absolutely nobody would have said they would rather have DD than Taylor. After DD has 2 consecutive good games against awful defences (SD and Detroit) and Taylor has 2 consecutive mediocre games against good defences (Buffalo and Denver) many people are ranking DD ahead of Taylor, I've said it before and I'll say it again, patience is a virtue.

And I wouldn't exactly call Denver a very good run defense...they're 19th against the run this year...only two lower than Detroit.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hj8386 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:33 am

D. Davis by a longshot
hj8386
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk