Tatum Bell/Quentin Griffin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tatum Bell/Quentin Griffin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:49 am

GMoney wrote:i hate these threads....

bunch of people who wated picks on bell thinking they are brilliant..... found out they were fools and are trying desperately to justify the high pick.

Basically....

2 types of Quentin Griffin haters out there:

1) Guys that passed on him in the 5th or later round b/c they thought he'd lose time to Bell...

2) Guys that have Bell but not Griffin and are desperately hoping that Griffin won't pan out...

Look, if you have Tatum Bell on your roster, go ahead and get what you can for him from the Quentin Griffin owner... You might get a decent WR out of the deal... After this week, though, it will be clear to all that Tatum Bell is a possible fantasy commodity next year, but essentially just like every other #2 back in the league, this year -- only really much good to the guy that owns the #1...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ejwild » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:47 am

All you guys ripping Tatum Bell owners sound a little defensive to me...perhaps it is YOU guys that should settle down....Griffin is not exactly Barry Sanders...and the fact that it isn't even week 3 and Shanahan is already talking about making Bell the goal line back tells me that Griffin owners should be filling their drawers any day now...

Bell will be this teams workhorse by midseason!

ps (I don't have either back, just an unbiased view of this situation...but I'd bet a hundred bucks that Grif won't last!)
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tree_Sloths » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:55 am

I've got neither. So I'm just hoping it turns into a running back by committee situation.
Tree_Sloths
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:55 am

One other thing too, I noticed. I actually watched the Jags game last Sunday and at least 3 good runs of 7 yards or longer were called back because of penalties. You add another 25 yards to his rushing total and it's really not all that bad.

I got Gonzo in the third because I thought Q would fall to me in the fourth. (Risky I know) My plan worked and I am very happy so far. The only thing that concerns me are his two fumbles. Then again, it seems everyone is fumbling this year so let's just hope it's a fluke and not a sign of things to come.

BTW. Tatum Bell had a 3rd and 1 last week and couldn't convert. ;-D I must admit, watching that didn't make me sad.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:05 am

josebach wrote:One other thing too, I noticed. I actually watched the Jags game last Sunday and at least 3 good runs of 7 yards or longer were called back because of penalties. You add another 25 yards to his rushing total and it's really not all that bad.

Ever think that maybe the holding allowed him to get those runs? That's why they call holding.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:46 am

All you guys ripping Tatum Bell owners sound a little defensive to me...perhaps it is YOU guys that should settle down....Griffin is not exactly Barry Sanders...and the fact that it isn't even week 3 and Shanahan is already talking about making Bell the goal line back tells me that Griffin owners should be filling their drawers any day now...

we arent the ones making stupid threads about how griffin si the best ever either!!!! so dont go calling us defensive.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:49 am

ejwild wrote:ps (I don't have either back, just an unbiased view of this situation...but I'd bet a hundred bucks that Grif won't last!)

Hmmm..... Is that so? B-)

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:51 am

josebach wrote:One other thing too, I noticed. I actually watched the Jags game last Sunday and at least 3 good runs of 7 yards or longer were called back because of penalties. You add another 25 yards to his rushing total and it's really not all that bad.

I got Gonzo in the third because I thought Q would fall to me in the fourth. (Risky I know) My plan worked and I am very happy so far. The only thing that concerns me are his two fumbles. Then again, it seems everyone is fumbling this year so let's just hope it's a fluke and not a sign of things to come.

BTW. Tatum Bell had a 3rd and 1 last week and couldn't convert. ;-D I must admit, watching that didn't make me sad.

I agree completely... ;-D

I saw that 3rd and 1, and I had the same pleasant reaction...

I think part of the issue is that we got to see the game, whereas a lot of other folks didn't... If you just look at the stat line, it looks like Griffin did not perform, but in reality it was VERY good play by the Jax D-line, and so-so play by the Denver O-line that caused the line to read the way it does... And that in no way benefits Tatum Bell's emergence... If anything, Bell hurt his chances with the few carries he did get in that game....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Estarr01 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:01 am

I don't have Tatem or Griff, but I did trade for Portis after his one big game last year and one thing I realized is that Shanny won't start a guy who doesn't understand the system, and since Tatem held out for a while I don't think he completely understands the system yet, so I don't think you can even contemplate using tatem until week 5 or 6 and at that point you will realize what part he will play in the offense.

Also I had Griff last year and he was inconsistent, against a good D he wouldn't do anything, but against a bad run D he was spectacular unlike Portis who always had a good game.
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:54 pm

ejwild wrote:All you guys ripping Tatum Bell owners sound a little defensive to me...perhaps it is YOU guys that should settle down....Griffin is not exactly Barry Sanders...and the fact that it isn't even week 3 and Shanahan is already talking about making Bell the goal line back tells me that Griffin owners should be filling their drawers any day now...

Bell will be this teams workhorse by midseason!

ps (I don't have either back, just an unbiased view of this situation...but I'd bet a hundred bucks that Grif won't last!)

Keep dreaming closet Bell owner :-)
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk