Where's Devard Darling? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where's Devard Darling?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:44 pm

Well, welcome to the cafe...sorta. ;-D

You seem knowledgeable KingJ, I find it strange that you have lurked around her for 2 years but never signed up until now.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingJ » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:54 pm

I come here when I want to find the information I can't find anywhere else. I'm one of those who was foolish enough to pay real live money for espn edge and my league is at cbssportsline, so I usually can get information about who's doing what from those two sites. But as has been well documented lately, they're both largely unreliable, sometimes completely inaccurate. CBS likes itself a good story whether or not there's substantial evidence to back it up, be it football, politics, etc.
KingJ
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:41 am

KingJ wrote:I come here when I want to find the information I can't find anywhere else. I'm one of those who was foolish enough to pay real live money for espn edge and my league is at cbssportsline, so I usually can get information about who's doing what from those two sites. But as has been well documented lately, they're both largely unreliable, sometimes completely inaccurate. CBS likes itself a good story whether or not there's substantial evidence to back it up, be it football, politics, etc.

They're catching hell for it now, though. LOL
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingJ » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:29 am

CBS Sportsline is reporting today from an excerpt in the Baltimore Sun that says Darling has indeed been passed by Clarence Moore on the depth chart. So that's the end of that. I wouldn't even want the #1 WR on Baltimore, let alone...

Anyone else find it odd how similar the Browns and Ravens season's are going? Both lose important defensive linemen, both lose their TE's who are their primary receiving targets, both have 4 or 5 WR's who don't have the combined talent of most 2nd WR's. I personally think they should just merge back together, since they're basically just the Old Browns and the New Browns.
KingJ
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:52 am

KingJ wrote:CBS Sportsline is reporting today from an excerpt in the Baltimore Sun that says Darling has indeed been passed by Clarence Moore on the depth chart. So that's the end of that. I wouldn't even want the #1 WR on Baltimore, let alone...

Anyone else find it odd how similar the Browns and Ravens season's are going? Both lose important defensive linemen, both lose their TE's who are their primary receiving targets, both have 4 or 5 WR's who don't have the combined talent of most 2nd WR's. I personally think they should just merge back together, since they're basically just the Old Browns and the New Browns.

KingJ,

Do you have access to the articles on CBS Sportsline marked VIP?

Can you read those?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bennyboy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:20 am

News: According to the Baltimore Sun, Ravens receiver Devard Darling has been passed by Clarence Moore on the depth chart.

I read that today.
QB: Manning, Grossman
RB: LT, FWP, Henry, Portis, Dayne
WR: DJax, Galloway, Bennett, Cdavis, Jenkins, Jones
TE: Watson, Graham
DEF: Giants, Jags
bennyboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingJ » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:24 pm

No , I do not. There is a VIP tab to click on my fantasy page, but it's only for a 14 day free trial (doesn't look worth it to me). The information I have access to just shows up on the league page, and it's separated into information about all players and information specific to my team. Not sure if any of it is accessible to those without teams at sportsline, but I doubt it.
KingJ
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk