Has anyone heard any recent news about Holmes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Has anyone heard any recent news about Holmes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Has anyone heard any recent news about Holmes?

Postby bacchuspupff » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:35 pm

Is he practicing today? Am I totally screwed?
bacchuspupff
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:48 pm

Not playing this weekend. Grab Blaylock if you are S.O.L. on your bench.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:46 am

We're still not 100% sure on that, d...It doesn't look like he will play, but he keeps saying if he can walk that he will. It's probably going to be a game-time decision. If you don't want to be hassled with a quick choice before the lock down time, you should probably look elsewhere.

Yahoo! player update thingy wrote:Sep 23 Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (ankle) did not practice again Thursday, Sept. 23, and remains unlikely to play against the Houston Texans.

Sep 23 ESPN's Andrea Kramer talked to Chiefs running back Priest Holmes on Thursday, and she reported that Holmes has every intention of playing on Sunday. Kramer said that Holmes did not practice or do much on Thursday, but he told her that if he can walk, he could play on Sunday. Holmes is listed as questionable with a sore ankle.

Views: Kramer's report conflicts with head coach Dick Vermeil's post-practice quotes. Vermeil is not optimistic about Priest playing, while Holmes seems determined to take the field. When it comes down to it, the coach usually has the final say about who is active or inactive. Vermeil needs to name his inactive list by 11:30 pm EST on Sunday morning, and we likely won't know if Holmes will play until that time. The Chiefs are preparing to use Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson if Holmes is out.

Sep 23 Coach Dick Vermeil said Thursday that the chances of Holmes (ankle) playing on Sunday were "questionable to doubtful," the Chiefs' official site reports.

Recommendation: According to Vermeil, "Priest worked out a little bit at the end of practice. He did just some jogging and starting exercises and figure eights and all that. He felt pretty good about that. I think he's questionable to doubtful." When asked if he was optimistic about Holmes playing, the coach added, "no, we're preparing to play without him. I think that's our best approach. Personally I wouldn't want to play him if he wasn't really ready. I wouldn't want to injure it further to the point where he misses more ballgames. It's not that we don't need him, but I think we owe it to him to make sure he's really right before we just stick him in there." We'll keep an eye on this situation, but Holmes could turn into a game-time decision.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk