My problem with Lee Suggs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My problem with Lee Suggs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

My problem with Lee Suggs...

Postby JrcWy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:15 pm

A lot of people invested midround picks on this guy and he was in about the same tier as Q-tip. But the problem is that all his hype is based on 2 games. One of those games was against Baltimore where he managed a meager 3.4 yards per carry for 20 attempts. The second game was against a poor defensive Bengals team the next week that he lit up for 186 yards. It is very possible that this single game was a fluke. Hell, even Hambrick had 189 yard game last year. The reason I bring this up is because I can get Suggs for Blaylock but want to know what people are basing their expectations on without citing the stats for his game against the Bengals.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mapache2 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:47 pm

I think there are a lot of reasons to trade him for Blaylock. Most importantly, Blaylock's has no significant history to tell us he'll be effective and has 1st round pick breathing down his neck, and he may never get considerable playing time again after this weekend. Second, you're right that we don't have much to go on for Suggs and he was hyped because of one huge game against an inferior run D. However, he had a terrific preseason and has a much better chance to being useful to you further on down the season. Also, consider his college experience where he held Kevin Jones down for a couple years. He's not a fluke, although he won't be ripping off 150yd games every week.
mapache2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vandelay-Ind » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:30 pm

Something that you wouldn't notice or read unless you've watched every Browns game including preseason games.........Lee Suggs has amazing vision and that quick burst to the hole at the beginning of the play, two things that weeks and weeks of practice won't help. Some just have it. He still has a terrible O-line is my worry. This kid is special though, better than William Green, and 2 years from one of the best in the NFL. Bold but I believe it.
Vandelay-Ind
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:07 pm

Thanks JrcWY mapache2 & Vandelay-Ind. I haven't seen a Browns game since the Oilers moved. That's valuable information.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:50 am

Vandelay-Ind wrote:Something that you wouldn't notice or read unless you've watched every Browns game including preseason games.........Lee Suggs has amazing vision and that quick burst to the hole at the beginning of the play, two things that weeks and weeks of practice won't help. Some just have it. He still has a terrible O-line is my worry. This kid is special though, better than William Green, and 2 years from one of the best in the NFL. Bold but I believe it.

Imagine that! A browns fan thinks he'll be good. Your not being reasonable. Chris Brown will be way better! :-)
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:03 am

A few things to note:

1) A lot of us watched Lee Suggs play in college... He was the best tailback in VA Tech history until he torn up his knee, and probably would have been a top draft choice if it weren't for the injury... I watched him play, and I love the way he hits holes... Whether in the college game on the pro game, he explodes through holes like he's running down hill, and that's something that you can't coach...

2) Blaylock is at best a one week play, unless Priest gets injured further, and even in this one game he is going to split carries with LJ...

3) Suggs has missed a few games with his neck stinger, but he should have no problem beating out a William Green who has done very little when he returns next week...

4) With Winslow out for the year, Cleveland RB's should see more action...

5) A starting back is ALMOST ALWAYS a better commodity than a backup...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BurnerD » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:11 am

benm3218 wrote:
Vandelay-Ind wrote:Something that you wouldn't notice or read unless you've watched every Browns game including preseason games.........Lee Suggs has amazing vision and that quick burst to the hole at the beginning of the play, two things that weeks and weeks of practice won't help. Some just have it. He still has a terrible O-line is my worry. This kid is special though, better than William Green, and 2 years from one of the best in the NFL. Bold but I believe it.

Imagine that! A browns fan thinks he'll be good. Your not being reasonable. Chris Brown will be way better! :-)

Imagine that a Titans fan saying that Chris Brown will be better.. what does this have to do with Suggs vs. Blaylock? j/k tho If I had to pick between Brown and Suggs I would take Brown.. and that is coming from a Browns fan :)
Reporter: "There's no I in team"

Leon: "Yeah, well there aint no we either"

TRUE
BurnerD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benm3218 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:35 am

BurnerD wrote:
benm3218 wrote:

Imagine that a Titans fan saying that Chris Brown will be better.. what does this have to do with Suggs vs. Blaylock? j/k tho If I had to pick between Brown and Suggs I would take Brown.. and that is coming from a Browns fan :)

yeah mine was just a joke too. But I do like brown better.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:44 am

Chris Brown will be way better.

Look at the O-Line's, look at the coach (BWAHAHAHHAHA at the comparison there), and look at the supporting cast.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PuntinFool » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:04 am

Agreed about Suggs over Blaylock like the others said, but if you're worried about William Green you shouldn't be. I had Green all of last year and he was a huge disappointment. I know the coaches hope the best for him, but Suggs HAS to be better. A few good games and they'll forget Green. Go get Suggs and take a chance.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk