Did Edge practice today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did Edge practice today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did Edge practice today?

Postby Addicted to FF » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:23 pm

From what I've read (Dungy quotes), it seems that Edge playing Sunday depended a lot upon him practicing today (thursday). I'd appreciate it if somebody would post it here as soon as they know if he practiced or not.
Addicted to FF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Addicted to FF » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:35 pm

Nevermind, I saw something on ESPN that says his status is still questionable. He went through light drills but no contact stuff again on Thursday. It looks like it will depend more on what he does tomorrow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1887054
Addicted to FF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby purestrength » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:35 pm

From the Terre Haute (Ind.) Tribune-Star (quoting Coach Tony Dungy after Thursday's practice):

"Edgerrin actually did well, surprisingly well. Based on what I saw today, he could probably play. So if he comes back (Friday) and doesn't have any side effects and is able to do just what he did today, then I would  think he'd probably play,"  Dungy said.
  "He worked a lot in our individual periods and worked a little bit in our team work and our run drills and actually did fine. He ran well. It surprised me. If he came back (Friday), was feeling the same way, ran the same way, did the same amount of things in practice and didn't have any ill-effects, I'd think we would play him."
  The Colts' coach did say, however, that if James did play, it would most likely be on a limited basis.
  "If he plays, we're obviously going to be smart. It's one thing to play, it's another thing to play 85 plays and not get a break," Dungy said.

I hope this helps.

purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:07 pm

Thanks a lot, thats some rock solid info.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby detroit_to_denver » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:40 pm

Even if he does play I am doubtful as to how much impact he well have. I think it would be better for owners that have Rhodes if James sat out and we could start Rhodes and not worry about the RBBC.
detroit_to_denver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby purestrength » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:44 pm

Thanks. It sounds like it's going to be RBBC, unfortunately.

In leagues where I have James and Rhodes, I may start one at RB and the other at flex. I haven't decided for sure yet.

In another league that I have James but don't have Rhodes, I may start T.Jones, O.Smith and K.Jones (flex).

In another league that I have James, I'm really screwed without Rhodes. Before, when I thought James would not play, I was left with the possibility of starting T.Jones and either Stecker or Zereoue (which ever one I get in my waiver claim).

If that happens, ugh!
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Nobodies Business » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:47 pm

sounds to me like james will probably play a pretty limited role this sunday.. I think owners still might wanna give Rhodes the nod. He will probably get the majority of the carries...
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MEK4178 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:40 pm

god thats lame. Play him or dont play him at all.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:49 pm

I don't see why Dungy would allow Edge to play. Dominic Rhodes is more than capable and Edge has proven to be an injury risk in the past - why would Dungy risk even further injury unnecessarily? They need Edge healthy come playoff time - let him sit this week and get healthy, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:31 pm

I have him and I hope he sits completely tbh. I'd rather have him benched and Rhodes start or start Dunn this week than be tempted to start him b/c he's playing and him share the load.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk