Mcnair Addresses Young'ins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mcnair Addresses Young'ins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mcnair Addresses Young'ins

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:29 pm

Quarterback Steve McNair said Thursday that he made a mistake in driving under the influence, and that it will never happen again.

Addressing more than 300 youngsters at his two-day football camp, McNair made his first big public appearance since his May 22 arrest. McNair will face charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of a handgun while under the influence in general sessions court June 26.

McNair didn't flinch or evade the topic with the kids or reporters who showed up to listen in at his annual camp. He told participants he expected they all knew of his arrest and how he "did the wrong thing."

Said McNair: "I learned from my mistake, and I can say here today that it will never happen again. Everybody makes mistakes, no one is perfect but God.

"But you can avoid a lot of trouble if you think from the time you wake up, am I going to make a good choice or a bad choice? It's up to you. I chose to do that, it was bad and now I am paying the price."

McNair said he was glad for the chance to talk with youngsters about what he did and the consequences he's endured.

"You have a lot of kids that look up to me and a lot of people that look up to me as adults," McNair said. "You have to go out and do the things correctly so that your name will stay good.

"This couldn't come at a better time, to interact with kids and say, 'If you put yourself in a bad position, then bad things will happen.' "
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:46 pm

He's a good guy, im still surprised he did it at all.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Slingblade » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:19 pm

yep...great guy...he made a mistake...big deal....lets get ready for the season mcnair....put the air back in!

McNair
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to General Talk