New Balls in Green Bay. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

New Balls in Green Bay.

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Balls in Green Bay.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:08 am

New footballs: Some of the footballs the Packers have been using in this minicamp are experimental balls sent to the team by Wilson. According to Packers assistant equipment manager Bryan Nehring, the difference in the balls are that the laces are made with football leather, which helps quarterbacks with their grip.

Nehring said Wilson usually sends four to six new footballs for teams to try out each season to help improve its product. He said the company wasn’t yet considering using the balls during the season.

Quarterback Brett Favre said Thursday the new balls felt good and had good grip, and quarterback Zak Kustok agreed.

“You get a little more grip,” Kustok said. “Some guys use the laces more when they throw, and with (the new balls) you get a better grip and maybe get a little tighter spiral.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Balls in Green Bay.

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:17 am

Guttpuppy wrote:Quarterback Brett Favre said Thursday the new balls felt good and had good grip, and quarterback Zak Kustok agreed.

Ahem.....
1st ...thanks brett we're happy for ya, hope they work out for you..(although alittle too much info)

2nd....What the heck are you doing showing them to Zak and letting him "grip" them?!?!

I think football should now instill the "don't ask don't tell" rule because of these two!...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: New Balls in Green Bay.

Postby Homeless » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:34 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:Quarterback Brett Favre said Thursday the new balls felt good and had good grip, and quarterback Zak Kustok agreed.

Ahem.....
1st ...thanks brett we're happy for ya, hope they work out for you..(although alittle too much info)

2nd....What the heck are you doing showing them to Zak and letting him "grip" them?!?!

I think football should now instill the "don't ask don't tell" rule because of these two!...

LOL :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Roseman » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:03 am

Ya there is a comment that I think good ole Brett may want to have back when he reads what he said........oppps
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:07 pm

Well that's funny and all guys but it is a post on the evolution of equipment used in the NFL...not some gayish ball-fondling that you guys seem to be so fond of...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:42 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Well that's funny and all guys but it is a post on the evolution of equipment used in the NFL...not some gayish ball-fondling that you guys seem to be so fond of...

lol....careful! he spits!! :-B
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to General Talk